cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account closed Plusnet still want money for next month

mkpike
Dabbler

Account closed Plusnet still want money for next month

I switched to BT yesterday (19th August) and PlusNet knew well in advance.
They asked me to keep my Direct Debit open until they took their final dues to that date - fine!
BUT the next message was they were taking cash up to the 9th September and to add injury to insult the price had risen by £5.
This was for BT Sports Europe which I knew nothing about and certainly did not authorise at £12.49 per month.
I stopped the DD and emailed them that I had done so.
In return I was asked to ring and pay £8.24 up to yesterday, and news that I would have been refunded if I'd let sleeping dogs lie.
Nowhere has there been mention of refunds, it was all about me paying them - that needs improving for other users!
Yesterday I was emailed to pay £27 odd (was fixed at the actual amount)  on Card - and today I have been told to restore a card or DD in time for next month's subscription???
Hello? I have gone!
I cannot get BT email to work partly because their email address for me is at PlusNet and PlusNet restricted my service e.g.could not write this yesterday.
We went to the oncologist yesterday and have been unable to contact the kids with the results.
I want to pay the £8.24 , please email your bank details and the reference you need , and I will do an online transfer.

5 REPLIES 5
mkpike
Dabbler

Re: Account closed Plusnet still want money for next month

PlusNet are not to blame for my lack of BT mail - just phoned BT and waited 12 minutes for an answer.
Their Email server has been OUT for 3 days but they hope to fix it within 24-48 hours!
Maybe PlusNet are better than I give them credit for?  AND now I have removed my BT folder from my Email programs, I find I can still use PlusNet mail.
Kids are now up to date - good news all round - including oncology advice.
What a time to change accounts - right in the middle of a Server outage - if it is true? They get messages to me through PlusNet so something is working at BT.

mkpike
Dabbler

Looks like they have killed my email again - I have paid for the phone until September but that counts for nothing in PlusNet etiquette  Crazy
mkpike
Dabbler

I am beginning to detest PlusNet - still sending demands for £27 rather than £8.24 - goodwill is disappearing fast.
I was able to send emails yesterday but they don't appear in my send box - thought I was going mad - but the replies confirm they went.
They are threatening to disrupt my PlusNet service - it is virtually non existent!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi mkpike, really sorry your post was missed  Embarrassed I've just come a cross it from a post you made on another thread.
I've corrected the invoice on your account now, so you should be able to make the £8.24 payment online, I hope this helps.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mkpike
Dabbler

Cheers Harry,
Payment made and confirmation received.
Mike