cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account change - dropping down a tier

Vikpal
Grafter

Account change - dropping down a tier

Hello, I am currently on the Plusnet Unlimited Fibre tariff as per the "Account details" section of Member center. I am being charged £19.99 for up to 78 Mbps connection. For some reason the name of the tariff does not match what Plus net itself offers : this product really should be "Unlimited Fibre Extra"...
Anyways, I wish to drop down to one tier below i.e. the one that offers  unlimited data for £14.99 for up to 38 Mbps connection. Can you please confirm the following:
The data plan is unlimited
The only difference between this tariff and the one that I currently have is the connect speed
How do I go about doing this? I tried calling up the customer center, but gave up after 20 mins of hold time and the initial bouncing around from one queeue to the other. I also do not want to be tied to a contract.
Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Account change - dropping down a tier

You are aware that when you drop to the cheaper product your upload speed will drop from up to 20Mbps to up to 2Mbps?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

The Customer Options 0800 013 2632  aka cancellations and sales are the team to call and ask.
But as spoon whittler says the up to 38Mbps package has an upload maximum speed of 2Mbps and I doubt that you will get a contract that isn't for anything less 18 months.
But try anyway, the Options team seem to answer quicker. And ensure you never say the word CANCEL or CEASE as that may kill your service. Just ask about a deal, having first look at what other ISP's are offering and ask if they will match one advertised elsewhere that matches your requirements.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Vikpal
Grafter

Thanks, I did not realize that going down a tier results in upload speeds going to 2 Mbps... I need to evaluate if that is sufficient for my purposes.. I am not a heavy file sharer or FTP user so should be sufficient I would think..