Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account cancelled

FIXED
Corpavia
Hooked

Account cancelled

At about 16:00 hrs on Thursday 14th February 2019 I last my broadband connection. I tried resetting my router but made no difference. The next day I called Plusnet andI topld then I did not have a dsl light on the modedem. They suggested I did a reset of the router which I did and made no difference. They then told me it must be a line fault and to call BT. I called BT and they did a line check and said there was no problem and would send an engineer. After 2 failed visits (no show) an engineer turned up on 21st February. He tested the line and confirmed no fault. He said he would contact the broadband engineer. On the 22nd February I called Plusnet and was told my account had been terminated even though a regular payment had been taken on the 18th February. They said they did not know who had made the request. They could not re-activate the account and made me create a new one. This will not be active until 28th February. I have not had emails or internet since 14th February. As the account has a different username and password and probably a new email address this will cause huge problems  with the old email address. Very unhappy as I have not had a reasonable explanation or letter of appology from the company I have been with for over 6 years.

15 REPLIES 15
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Account cancelled

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from General Chat to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

Hi @Corpavia, I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had recently.

I've had a look over the old account and it appears that the cease order may have originated on our suppliers systems. Unfortunately our systems simply saw the asset had been ceased and closed the account accordingly as we were no longer providing a service on the account.

I'm afraid as the account was closed, it is correct that a new account needed to be signed up for us to re-provide the services on.

I have however, raised a case with our suppliers requesting that they expedite the order re-providing the services to try and get you back online as soon as possible, given the original cease request seems to originate from them.

I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this situation has caused. Thank you for your patience while we re-provide your service.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Corpavia
Hooked

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the information. The new account is now up and running OK. However my old email which was linked to my previous account only works for emails sent by Plusnet, I cannot send emails or receive any emails from other sources.

Best Regards

John

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

@Corpavia  Whilst you're waiting for a reply, I strongly suggest you edit your above reply

Click post options on that post, then click edit reply

You're giving out your email address on a public forum and I'd hate for you to be swamped with junk email.

Once a member of staff has replied, they may then ask you to send it to them privately Wink

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @Corpavia, glad to hear it all seems to be working fine on the new account side of things.

In regards to your emails, I've raised this with a back-end team to check if we're able to get the old email restored. While I'm afraid I can't give a 100% confirmation just yet that this will be possible, I'll be sure to let you know once I've got a response.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Corpavia, it looks like you should be able to use the email address(es) from the old account now. Could you let me know if you're still experiencing problems with that.

Thanks.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Corpavia
Hooked

Hi Harry,

One outside email came in however when I try to test it from another account I get the message "503 Bad sequence of commands" and when I try to send an email I get error "( 0x800CCC78 ) cannot send message. Server responded 550 invalid domain (no MX or A record)"

Regards

John

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me, would you mind dropping me a PM confirming which specific email address(s) this is from.

Could you also include a copy of any error messages you're getting in full.

While I'm afraid I'm just finishing my shift for today, if you could send the PM over I'll make sure I chase this up with a colleague tomorrow for you.

I hope this helps.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Corpavia
Hooked

Hi Harry,

Sorry not to get back to you yesterday. At the present time the account jandc@<old account>.plus.com has been linked to the new account candj@<new account>.plus.com allowing incoming emails to the new account being ported to the old account email. It does not allow any emails to the old account through or re-directed to the new account which is the most important as we have hundreds of people/companies that use the old email as the point of contact. When sending to the old email address, from a non Plusnet account, we get the following error: "The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: 'jandc@<old account>.plus.com' on 28/02/2019 08:13 503 bas sequence of commands. This needs to be fixed. We can manage to send emails using the new account.

Regards

John

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi John.

No worries though @HarryB is out of the office today but I'll pick this up on his behalf.

You shouldn't need to involve your new account in this, are you able to recreate your candj mailbox on your old account by going to http://www.plus.net/email? Once you've done that you'll be able to send and receive from that email address.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Corpavia
Hooked

Hi,

I don't think you understand the problem. I still have an active email under my old plusnet account name. I cannot use this email for receiving or sending emails because the plusnet account name has been changed. Using the link you proposed just lets me add a new email to my current account, not link the old email.

On the subject about the closure of my previous plusnet account, I now have confirmation from my line provide, BT, that they did not request the closure of the account. This seems to point back to plusnet for closing the account without my knowledge. It is now a month since my old account was closed and the problem with the linking of by old email address has still not been solved.

I need this resolved within the next 7 days please.

Regards

John

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Corpavia,

Thank you for getting back in touch.

You would need to log out of your new account and log into your old account before adding additional mailboxes. Once you have logged out, click here and log back in with your old account username and password. Once you have set up the old mailbox, you can then set up the redirect under the 'Redirects' tab.

I'm afraid after further investigation, I cannot be 100% certain of where the cease order originated from. I cannot see that anyone was on your account on the date the cease was placed however, this does not account for the service being incorrectly ceased by automation.

Let us know if you require any further assistance in setting up the old mailbox and reapplying the redirect.

Thank you.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
mjm_87

Hi I paid my bill late, aware that it was owed due on Sun 10th March paid on Thurs 14th March as I couldn't get to the bank. Payment want through fine with no problem but Thurs night Friday Morning had no internet so logged in to check if any maintenance were happening and my account apparently has been closed. How could I get this fixed and working again?
Corpavia
Hooked

Hi,

Phone the customer support on 0800 432 0200.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.