cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account cancelled in error, termination fee unrefunded

TheTerminated

Account cancelled in error, termination fee unrefunded

Hi,

Plusnet accidentally cancelled my phone/broadband account. New account created, back online. Painful but not the end of the world.

However, then I got billed about £150 for terminating my old account. I rang up, got reassured it would be refunded. A few days later I got an email and text saying no further action would be taken against the support ticket (so presumably no refund).

Am working abroad for rest of 2019, 9 hours ahead of UK, can't get on chat, have a terrible phone connection, can't get through to Plusnet.

So I asked my bank to refund the erronous termination fee via the direct debit guarantee, and also asked they cancel the old account's direct debit.

The nightmare continues. Will the bailiffs be round next?

3 REPLIES 3
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Account cancelled in error, termination fee unrefunded

Hi @TheTerminated, thanks for your message.

We're sorry to hear of this ongoing billing issue.

We should be able to get this resolved for you but can I just confirm that I've read the post correctly in that you've already made an indemnity claim through the bank in order to get your money refunded?

TheTerminated

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes I asked my bank for a refund under the direct debit guarantee and they have provided it already.

Apparently they now contact Plusnet and if you agree it was a mistake that's the end of it. If not, the nightmare continues!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @TheTerminated.

Unfortunately the team we'd need to check this with aren't in at this time in the evening but I'll check with them tomorrow and update your account as soon as we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team