cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account billing

d1

Account billing

Hi all,
I switched broadband from Plusnet to Sky on the 1st of November and had the email from Plusnet confirming that the transfer would take place on this date. I assumed that my Plusnet account would automatically close at that time and that I wouldn't need to do anything further, but I received my usual 'Advance notice of your Direct Debit payment' email on the 2nd and notice that my Plusnet account doesn't show an end-date on it.
Am I still likely to have the direct debit taken from my account on the 6th (tomorrow)? Is there something I need to do to close the account?
Many thanks,
Dean
5 REPLIES 5
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Account billing

Hi Dean,
Your account should have been closed following your move from ourselves to Sky. I can either await the payment to be taken and then refund this (the Direct Debit is being processed) and then close your account.
We could alternative cancel your Direct Debit Instruction and have our Billing Team remove the incorrectly raised invoice (This can take a couple of days to action). Either way, once sorted, I can arrange for the account to be closed for you.
d1

Hi Chris,
Many thanks. Either way is fine, thanks - I'm guessing it might be a little tight trying to stop the Direct Debit payment going through tomorrow. If you need me to follow anything up in the next few days to request the refund, please let me know.
Thanks again,
Dean
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sure thing and thank you for your understanding with this. Once the Direct Debit has gone through and cleared, I'll get that refund out to you and get the account closed.
d1

Thanks Chris - much appreciated.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your account has now been closed.