cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account address

Nick_Russell
Grafter

Account address

I wish to pay my mothers broadband bills by DD to my personal account. The problem will be my address will be different from her address where the broadband is provided. Am I able to do this? I have tried but keep getting Failed DD messages.

6 REPLIES 6
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Account address

I have done this for years, so there shouldn't be a problem. However, Plusnet's billing system is a bit iffy so it may take a bit of persistence and some phone calls to get it set up correctly. Good luck.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

It should be fine. I think you need to contact support.

My PlusNet account was in my name when I moved out, so my direct debit of course. Changed to my mothers (can't remember when but many years ago) and fairly recently had a problem changing it to my sisters. Support were really good at helping getting that fixed.

Nick_Russell
Grafter

Update: Spoke to my bank. They say my DD is active and awaiting Plusnet to take a payment.  Plusnet tell me bank has rejected the DD.  So what can I do?  Bank say they cannot do anything as problem is Plusnet not requesting payment correctly.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

You may be stuck - I had several Plusnet accounts, one of them had this problem and it was never resolved (and it was the one at my home address). I gave up in the end and closed it.

I believe it isn't the bank that rejects the DD, it is Plusnet's back-end system.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Nick_Russell, can you send us a PM with the username of the account (and pop a message on this thread once done) so we can take a look for you. It may need the direct debit details resubmitting.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I believe when any company (not just PlusNet), have to submit a reference number when requesting payment via direct debit.

Sounds to me the reference number is no longer valid (i.e. different) so your bank have refused it.

As @LaurenB said, you'd have to set a new DD up.