cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account access after contract termination

chichman
Grafter

Account access after contract termination

Hello, recently left Plusnet because of the price increases but want to look to check my final account details. But they have withdrawn my username/password so cannot access my plusnet account.

I have not received my final bill yet, and will not be able to check my online account?

Surely this can't be right?

18 REPLIES 18
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Account access after contract termination

it might not be right but it is standard Plusnet practice

chichman
Grafter

Plusnet certainly aren't the only ones to do it, but it feels like they don't want you to see it....
chichman
Grafter

Hello, would one of the forum moderators care to help?

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

moderators are customers so can't - you will need a staff member to pick it up

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi chichman,

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding this issues.

Please feel free to private message me your Username for your old account and I will look into this for you.

chichman
Grafter

Helllo, i sent you my details but still have no further information, will you be getting back with the account information as i have not received a final paper bill.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Can you PM me your username and I'll make sure that it gets sorted today.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
chichman
Grafter

So, having PM'ed my details twice now to move this issue on. Have a guess what has happened?Huh

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've reactivated your portal access for 48 hours to allow you to log in and see the invoices, however you don't owe us anything and we generated a refund to you as per this ticket for the time you'd paid for after leaving.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@Chris what is the default timescale for a customers account to be closed when they leave , is it nearly straightaway, or after final billing?

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I believe the account is closed and components removed at the point the services are closed. Yes, I agree this is something we need to look at and has been flagged up internally.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chichman
Grafter

This issue is not restricted to Plusnet by any means. I just think its reasonable to have access to your final bill, by its nature it is not produced until after your service ends, meaning at the moment, you will never have access to it, I did not receive a final paper bill either.

To be fair to Plusnet, as far as I am aware they have issued a refund for the correct amount without chasing, certainly better than many companies who seem to think its ok to pocket any remaining credit if you don't ask for a refund.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

@Chris what a ridiculous situation ,  i bet its been like that for years and years?, this should have sorted a long time ago, and it has not even been looked at yet.

Do people who make decisions at PN, know how to priorities - that will be a no. 

So PN are taking customers money and not allowing by default, them to see their final bill.

As far as am aware when a customer is billed for goods or service you are not allowed to take money with out producing a bill/invoice.

When a final payment taken, is a final bill ( that a customer does not have default access to) automatically produced ?

Just another reason why wait times are high  

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Just to be clear on this , when the customer leaves if the owe money , you take money out of their account with out allowing them to see a final bill, as you close their account access, as soon as  their services leave.

If they want to see a final bill they have to spend their time chasing PN for it?

Regards
Mike