cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Upgrade (sidegrade?) options for unlimited?

paulh
Rising Star

Account Upgrade (sidegrade?) options for unlimited?

My TV recently committed suicide, and as I can't afford to replace it, and as I can't say as I miss it at all, I thought I might as well cancel the license and use the money saved to go to an unlimited package for broadband.
I'm currently on a legacy no-contract 10GB contract ( ;)) at £8.49pcm;
If I go through  "product change" my options are £12.49pcm (12 month contract) or £14.99pcm (no contract)
I'd prefer not to commit to a 12 month contract as it's likely I will move within that period and don't want to risk an early exit penalty. Presumably we are liable for the balance of the remaining time to run should we want to exit early, but I can't easily track down what a customer is actually committed to with a contract - it's not in the FAQs when you look at the portal ... hmmm ...
Ok ... so, short of moving away from PN altogether, have I missed any other clever options ?

2 REPLIES 2
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Account Upgrade (sidegrade?) options for unlimited?

Quote from: paulh
Presumably we are liable for the balance of the remaining time to run should we want to exit early, but I can't easily track down what a customer is actually committed to with a contract - it's not in the FAQs when you look at the

Hi, here are the early termination fees : www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html
Look under "Broadband early termination charges"
You could always move your broadband  with you. You would be best giving customer options team a call, you may get a much better deal than going through the upgrade online
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

paulh
Rising Star

Re: Account Upgrade (sidegrade?) options for unlimited?

thanks for the link.
unfortunately there's no guarantee that i will be relocating to somewhere where it is possible to simply take it with me, otherwise I agree it would be by far the easiest option