Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspension

mickyd
Grafter

Account Suspension

I am moving out of my present home temporarily. As discussed here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,89390.msg745318.html#msg745318
I have decided to go for the account suspension option.
Could someone from Plusnet please explain the procedure for suspending the account.
The move should be for approximately six months.
Thanks in anticipation.
18 REPLIES 18
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Account Suspension

Hi again mickyd,
Just raise a ticket quoting my name (you may want to hold off until tomorrow as I'm leaving the office in about 10 minutes) stating when you want this to take effect and if you have a date by when you anticipate the account could come off hold (if you have one).
Following that send me a PM and I'll pick up your request and handle it for you.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mickyd
Grafter

Hi Adam
I have opened a ticket (attention of yourself) and also sent you private message.
For good measure I copy it here:
<<This ticket is for the attention of Adam Walker.
Hi Adam
I am moving out of my current address in a couple of weeks.
I want my suspension to begin from my next billing period (23rd).
Obviously I don't want to pay this coming months direct debit because I will not be able to use the service.
I am told by the council that the repairs will take approximately 6 months.
The Council (being the Council) cannot give me any more of a definite date than that.
I will of course inform you when I know the date I will be moving back home.
Thanks for the help
Michael Driscoll>>
Thanks again
Mick Driscoll
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks Mick,
I'll pick that up this afternoon for you
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mickyd
Grafter

bump
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
Don't worry I've not forgotten you, the account has been disabled. Just make sure you let me know nearer the time (preferably with a week's notice when you would like it to be re-enabled.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mickyd
Grafter

Copy of email received this morning:
Subject line: Advance notice of your Direct Debit payment
<<Dear Michael Driscoll,
Account username: (Redacted)
Company name: N/A
We'll soon be taking a payment of £21.74, for your Plusnet service. This
will leave your account on or after 26/11/2010
This email is for your information only, so you don't need to do anything
to complete the payment. >>

Seems they still intend taking payment!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Bear with me MD, I'll look into that this afternoon and get it sorted for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mickyd
Grafter

Well I'm sorry Adam but if this is getting it sorted you haven't done a very good job.
Am I really expected to pay my usual subscription even while my account is suspended?
Please tell me this is wrong?
When I sign in to the members portal my account has been restricted and the only facility I have is (surprise surprise) to make a payment.
I gave ample notice of my move and there was plenty of time to get this sorted without all this hassle.
There is enough to contend with when moving house without worrying about something that was sorted (I thought) back on 4th November.
As you can see by these emails Plusnet seem very keen to help with customers making payments.
It's a shame that they don't show the same eagerness when helping customers with other problems.
Emails received today:
First email:
<<Dear (redacted),
Account username: (redacted)
We couldn't take a payment for your Plusnet account.
To avoid restrictions to your service please make a payment in the next 14 days.
If you've already submitted a Direct Debit payment, we'll email you with more details about why this might have failed.
Payment due
-----------
Amount owed: £21.74
Date payment was due: 23-11-2010
How to pay
-----------
You can pay online by logging into http://www.plus.net and following the on-screen instructions.
If you've got any problems with making a payment just call us on 0845 1400200.
Need help?
----------
For more information about paying check our Billing Guide:
http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/failed_payment.shtml
Plusnet Customer Support
http://www.plus.net/
Email ref: E0665
--
Plusnet plc
Registered Office: Internet House, 2 Tenter Street, Sheffield, S1 4BY
Registered in England no: 3279013
>>
Second email:
<<Dear Mr (redacted),
Account username: (redacted)

Unfortunately, we've not received the regular Direct Debit payment for your Plusnet account. This was due on 23/11/2010.
Your payment details
--------------------
Account Name:  (redacted)
Direct Debit Reference: (redacted)
Why has this happened?
----------------------
Your Direct Debit payment failed because of the following:
The Direct Debit Instruction has been cancelled by you/the payer, or the bank/building society.
What you should do now
----------------------
To avoid any restrictions on your service you'll need to pay the amount owed within 14 days. You can add payment details to pay a different way at My Account:
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=update_credit_card&s=0  
If you're having trouble updating your payment details or have a question about this, please contact our Support Team using the Help Assistant ( http://help.plus.net ) or call us on 0845 1400200.
Kind regards,
Plusnet Customer Support
http://www.plus.net
Email ref: E0313
--
Plusnet plc
Registered Office: Internet House, 2 Tenter Street, Sheffield, S1 4BY
Registered in England no: 3279013    

===                      
The Direct Debit Guarantee
* This guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that take part in the Direct Debit scheme. The efficiency and security of the Scheme is monitored and protected by your own bank or Building Society. If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change Plusnet plc will notify you 3 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If an error is made by Plusnet plc or your Bank or Building Society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid. You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing to your Bank or Building Society. Please also send a copy of your letter to us.
===
>>
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
You're right you did give us ample notice. I did what I needed to do and this is an unexpected problem. I can give you my word that billing will not continue whilst the account is suspended.
It looks like this bill is in the course of clearing I'm afraid but I will refund it when it does.
I'm sorry about this and the delay in getting back to you.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mickyd
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi there,
You're right you did give us ample notice. I did what I needed to do and this is an unexpected problem.
Adam.

If you did what you needed to do then you must have placed your faith in someone who did not do what they should have.
If that's the case, that's a matter for you to deal with.
I accepted your assurance that it would be dealt with and you have let me down by not ensuring that it was dealt with.
To say 'this is an unexpected problem' is meaningless and is no explanation at all.

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

I can give you my word that billing will not continue whilst the account is suspended.
It looks like this bill is in the course of clearing I'm afraid but I will refund it when it does
Adam.

The billing is attempting to continue.
This bill will not clear. I am averse to paying for services I am not using. So there will be no need for a refund.
At the moment my account only gives me the option of paying a bill that I do not owe.
Quote from the front page of my account:
<<We couldn't take a payment that's due on your account. So that you can browse without restrictions it's best to make this payment as soon as you can.
Once we've received your payment any service restrictions we've made will be removed.
For more information about paying check our Billing Guide.
Amount owed:
    £21.99
Date payment was due:
    2010-11-23 00:00:00 >>
This is completely false information.
I do not owe this amount and Plusnet should not be saying that I do.
So it seems there is a stalemate. A stalemate of Plusnets making.
I will not be making this payment as I do not owe it.
I have no way of reactivating my account so I guess that is that.
What a shambles!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I appreciate you are upset about this Mick,
To say 'this is an unexpected problem' is meaningless and is no explanation at all.

Means simply with the best intentions I followed the correct process and a system problem meant that this month's bill still proceeded, it is due to clear I'm afraid. If you don't want to wait for it to clear then cancel your direct debit mandate, we can then re-instate it nearer the time that you need the service back on. This will also ensure that future monthly payments cannot go through. Although our system is now correctly set up to do that so this is just a suggestion for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mickyd
Grafter

I accept that you followed the correct process Adam but someone somewhere didn't.
System problem! 'Garbage in, garbage out'.
This is becoming somewhat tiresome so I will simply say this:
I have cancelled my direct debit.
I do not owe Plusnet any money.
If I receive another 'reminder' from Plusnet saying that I do then I will cancel my account.
If the notice on the front page of my account saying I need to make a payment is not removed then I will cancel my account.
If I do not receive an apology from Plusnet for this inconvenience I will cancel my account.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I have cancelled my direct debit.

That's fine
I do not owe Plusnet any money.

Absolutely correct.
If I receive another 'reminder' from Plusnet saying that I do then I will cancel my account.

If you do ignore it, but you should not receive any of these.
If the notice on the front page of my account saying I need to make a payment is not removed then I will cancel my account.

Bear with us, it may remain for a day or so, this should not impact on you if you are not using the service though.
If I do not receive an apology from Plusnet for this inconvenience I will cancel my account.

Please accept our apologies for this issue, as explained no one wanted this to happen, however it was an unavoidable and unforeseen problem.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mickyd
Grafter

If you do ignore it, but you should not receive any of these.

I will not ignore it. I will cancel my account.

Bear with us, it may remain for a day or so, this should not impact on you if you are not using the service though.

I don't like it and I should be given access to re-activate my account as I did have before this false accusation of me owing money was made.
If it is not removed very soon I will cancel my account.