cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Review - Waive of Termination Fees

DGForum_X

Account Review - Waive of Termination Fees

Morning guys, 

My apologies if this is a duplicate post. 

I received my account review email a few days ago and noticed that it states that I won't be charged termination fees if I decide to leave during the remainder of my contract, if I call the Sales/Cancellations number. Can I just confirm that this is also the case if I migrate to a new provider during the remainder of my contract without contacting the sales team? 

Thanks

DG

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Account Review - Waive of Termination Fees

@DGForum_X 

The Plusnet billing system works in its own weird and mysterious ways even when you follow the instructions. Who knows what happens if you fail to do so.

I would hold fire until in your last month. First you might get a better offer to stay and secondly remember that you pay  for your service a month in advance so the contract will be fully paid up.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

DGForum_X

Trust me, I'm very, very familiar with the PN billing system Smiley 

@Anoush @Gandalf 

Can you confirm? 

Cheers

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Thank goodness someone is 😁

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

You’d need to have that conversation with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 or the number we’ve quoted in the e-mail we’ve sent. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
DGForum_X

Thanks Anoush.

If anyone has migrated in these circumstances, could you please let me know how you get on?

Thanks

D
DGForum_X

Morning guys,

I've just spoken to the COT team and they have mysteriously claimed that the email has been 'misworded' and that termination fees would apply.

Here is a direct copy and paste of the email.

"If you decide to leave before the end of your current contract you can do so without paying any early termination fees by getting in touch with us on 0800 587 1942 and giving 14 days’ notice.
Once your current contract ends you’ll need to still give us this notice and during this period charges would continue to apply."

What am I missing here? I just want to migrate without incurring fees. The email seems pretty clear on the lack of fees.

D
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hello,

I'm really sorry for the confusion. I've dropped you an e-mail under the ticket ref 221983757 which I hope helps.

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet