Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Error .. Possible Fraud

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Account Error .. Possible Fraud

Erm ive just got an e-mail from plusnet saying We're sorry to hear you're leaving us Huh
Another service provider has told us that you want to move your broadband service to them. We're sorry to hear you're leaving us.
Your broadband service is scheduled to transfer automatically on 13th February 2015 and will result in the cancellation of your Plusnet account.
Whats going on ?????? I have not ordered broadband with anyone else and have no intensions on leaving, i recently signed up for a new contract here.......
Can someone tell me whats going on please and i want to know who the other provider is thats said this so i can look at taking action against them for fraud!
13 REPLIES 13
Joshc
Grafter

Re: Account Error

Good evening,
I  will look into this and get it sorted thanks for letting us know, I will make sure that  does not get  taken over.
I will be back in abit with more info.
Smiley
St3
Aspiring Champion

Yes please do .. im not very happy about this and i want details on who`s requested i change...
Joshc
Grafter

Hey,
It is sky trying to take over your line. As they say in the broadband world "Attempting to slam the line". This normally happens by mistake like an agent getting the wrong address in the sign up process.
This is why when it happens you receive a Email from us to clarify this is what you want.
I have cancelled the take over and I will make sure your phone component knows this too.
If you receive anymore of the same emails do as you have today.  
Smiley
St3
Aspiring Champion

so i need to complain to sky ? I mean how the hell can they request this without my consent. Thanks for looking into it btw, i have my phone and broadband with plusnet and never have any intensions on leaving. I do have skytv and i will making a complaint to them.. i mean what if i was on holiday or somthing and didnt get to check my e-mails,,, plusnet would have billed me £190 for leaving.
Joshc
Grafter

Its a pain for all providers but a little out of the providers control.
For example Joe Blogs rings sky and asks, could I transfer my services from talk talk at 22 Joe Blogs road up to a sky package please???
Say there is a 22 Joe Blogs street around the corner and he selects that one!! 
That's how easy it is to start a slam.
Its then your providers responsibility to let you know that this is occurring!
:S

St3
Aspiring Champion

good job imnot with sky. shows how stupid they are  Sad
St3
Aspiring Champion

just got an e-mail off plusnet now to say .......
Thanks for deciding to stay with Plusnet.
"Your request to move your Home Phone product away has now been cancelled"
I have not requested anything .........  Sad
Its sky who have requested this not me............... dont e-mail me saying its my request thats been cancelled...................   thats like saying im the one to blame...... blame sky dont make it out that im the one who tried to change my contract!!!  Angry
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Receiving one of Plusnet's "standard" messages in this situation is a bit poor really.
It's not the only "standard" message that customers have had issues with previously. Plusnet really ought to review them asap and rephrase some of them and add a few more appropriate ones to the list.
St3
Aspiring Champion

My first e-mail from plusnet said "my request to move my broadband was underway and that id be charged £190 for switching company" but my second e-mail from plusnet after i complained i had not requested anything said my request to swtich my phone has now been cancelled........... So it seams sky have not only tried to switch my broadband but my phone also................
Plusnet should have mailed me to say " The company or persons who tried to terminate your account with us have now had their request cancelled"  Not "your request"  is being cancelled, this is plusnet pointing the blame towards me and i dont like it.
A friend of mine has broadband and telephone with virgin, and he told me that if any requests that his services are to be moved then they must provide a password that only he and virgin know of before any transfers take place. Which to me sounds pretty secure and fair, i think plusnet need to take up this idea also. because what if i had been away from home on holiday or whatever... plusnet said i had to the 13th of feb to cancel the order, what if i had been away from home and not checked my e-mails.... then id be in a whole world of trouble.
This to me also shows a huge secruity hole... meaning anyone from another company could clearly say it was a mistake, but infact people could do this on purpose to gain an extra wage packet. there might be customers of plusnet out there who have had this done to them and may not understand whats going on or be too shy to speak up. Plusnet need to improve the secruity on customers accounts and make sure this sort of thing never happens again to myself or any other customer. Im going to be looking futher into this because in my eyes its Fraud.
St3
Aspiring Champion

Re: Account Error .. Possible Fraud

I will be contacting sky with a complaint too
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Please see the PM I've sent you,as I've pointed out, this is not just a Plusnet issue, all ISPs other than Virgin Media Cable will be affected in a similar way. I would suggest you get a note put on the account as I mentioned in the PM. There is little point in complaining to Sky unless it were to happen again as it could be a genuine error and they may not even be aware of who the customer is that actually wants their service.
A complaint to OFCOM will more likely have a greater impact as they will chase Sky and know exactly who to contact at a more senior level.
Joshc
Grafter

Good morning,
9 times out of 10  we receive notification of someone moving away from us because they have decided to go elsewhere and not because they are being slammed.
If then we have a request to cancel this it would most likely suggest that you have decided to stay, this is why there is an automated Email response because as I am sure  you are all aware that turn
over of customers now days in such a competitive market is high.
In this instance I had seen the post an Intervened,
@St3 I am sorry that you feel that we have blamed you, I should have mentioned you would receive and email upon me canceling the request . I did try my best to reassure you that it was not your
fault and how easy it is to get slam. I have put a note on your account to keep an eye to make sure that they do not place the take over again which I will be keeping an eye on!
The main thing here is we noticed it and dealt with it.
Smiley
St3
Aspiring Champion

Ok joshuaC i accept what you are saying, thanks for sorting this... i was just angry about it all.