cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Ending

graeme4266
Hooked

Account Ending

Hi,just a quicky my 12 month contract ends on 9/5/16 as of today (16/4/16) can i start to switch to another provider or after 9/5/16 also would i incurr early charges from PN,many thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Account Ending

No, you should not incur any ETFs (Early Termination Fees)

NE

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi graeme4266,

When coming to the end of your service you need to give us 14 day's notice that you are leaving but I would contact our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 to discuss your account.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@graeme4266

If you are changing providers, do not inform Plusnet but let the new provider handle the transfer. They will inform Plusnet on your behalf. It can cause issues done any other way.

If you wish to call Plusnet and try for a new deal, then by all means do so.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@BenB wrote:

Hi graeme4266,

When coming to the end of your service you need to give us 14 day's notice that you are leaving

But Ben, would that not then cause Plusnet to put a cease on the line, inhibiting any other provider from placing orders on the line ... much like the practices of other loosing suppliers we decry around here?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you definitely want to leave, you simply need to contact your new provider and ask them to transfer the services to them. We shouldn't be asked to put any ceases or cancellations on the line.

If you did want to see what offers we could make you, then the info from Ben would be correct.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
graeme4266
Hooked

So i joined PN on 9/05/15 and i have 2 weeks left on my contract i can move somewhere else quite freely from this day onwards penalty free,thanks to everyone for your input..

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Chris wrote:

We shouldn't be asked to put any ceases or cancellations on the line.

Hi Chris,

For clarity of semantics here, are you suggesting that a subscriber can phone up PlusNet to advise of their intention to end service (migrate away) and PlusNet will not (unless specifically requested to do so) place a cease order on the line for the notification date + 14 days?

If that's correct then it is a markedly different (and more helpful) practice to the rest of the industry.  We've seen no end of cases here where users have raised migration to PlusNet orders which have then failed (due o loosing supplier case service orders) resulting in a failure to meet expectations, arising from the user also having told their existing supplier that they are leaving.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@graeme4266 There may be a cessation charge applicable should your broadband need to be ceased at the exchange (ie if you move to an LLU provider)

More info can be found here: http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/cessation_charges.shtml

@Townman Unless asked for the account to be closed down, our customer options team would leave the account unchanged if they are unsuccessful in retaining a customer. Once the gaining provider places an order and after the service is migrated away, they would then arrange for the account to be closed.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Wow, that is enlightened!

On the matter of a move to LLU, I thought (certainly under the rules of MAC days) a LLU migration was deemed to be not cessation fee attracting.  Does your response imply a change in BTOR's / BTw's practices?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Transfers from BTW to LLU involve physical changes at the exchange and as such the broadband service on the BTW equipment is ceased, incurring a charge from our suppliers. I am unsure for how long this has been chargeable, though.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button