cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Deleted Before Cease Complete!!!

mlmclaren
Grafter
Posts: 855
Registered: 04-12-2014

Account Deleted Before Cease Complete!!!

As per title, I put through the request on Tuesday/Wednesday to cease one of my accounts, however the line appears to still be active at the address and also awaiting a final bill but I now find that I cannot log into the account on member centre... is this normal?Huh
If so, then I don't feel to happy about it... this have never happened with any of my other comms accounts from the likes of BT, Sky, Virgin Media....
Plusnet... you too sneaky...
15 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Posts: 17,644
Thanks: 636
Fixes: 162
Registered: 05-04-2007

Re: Account Deleted Before Cease Complete!!!

[quote=http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,142364.msg1258098.html#msg1258098]She then proceeded to ask if it was OK to cease the line immediately in order to save us the most money, and after doing so delighted myself with the news that I was owed money...
I'm not sure why you're waiting on a final bill as the refund has already been generated and requested? The line is scheduled to cease in a couple of weeks, which is the standard lead-time for this but the agent closed down your account straight away to save any more bills being generated. Do you want us to pull the cease to happen sooner?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
mlmclaren
Grafter
Posts: 855
Registered: 04-12-2014

Re: Account Deleted Before Cease Complete!!!

Isn't a final bill generated showing the amount owed (if any) and then process payment, I would of preferred a bill for records...
As far as ceasing the line goes, theres no issue... nothing is plugged into as of Saturday, and the house is still occupied by the same folk so nothing to worry about there!
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Posts: 4,203
Thanks: 845
Fixes: 178
Registered: 25-03-2015

Re: Account Deleted Before Cease Complete!!!

On this occasion no bill was generated as nothing was owed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
mlmclaren
Grafter
Posts: 855
Registered: 04-12-2014

Re: Account Deleted Before Cease Complete!!!

Excuse me Huh
I was told I was owed £7+ ....
So who's telling fibs Huh

Superuser
Superuser
Posts: 9,506
Thanks: 861
Fixes: 53
Registered: 06-04-2007

Re: Account Deleted Before Cease Complete!!!

I interpreted Harry's reply to mean "owed by you". Chris said your refund had already been processed.
David
mlmclaren
Grafter
Posts: 855
Registered: 04-12-2014

Re: Account Deleted Before Cease Complete!!!

oops, yep my bad, misread that  Roll eyes
wayo231
Dabbler
Posts: 12
Registered: 03-08-2015

Re: Account Deleted Before Cease Complete!!!

Quote from: Chris
[quote=http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,142364.msg1258098.html#msg1258098]She then proceeded to ask if it was OK to cease the line immediately in order to save us the most money, and after doing so delighted myself with the news that I was owed money...

I'm not sure why you're waiting on a final bill as the refund has already been generated and requested? The line is scheduled to cease in a couple of weeks, which is the standard lead-time for this but the agent closed down your account straight away to save any more bills being generated. Do you want us to pull the cease to happen sooner?

Did they warn you that ceasing without migrating leads to charges for disconnecting the line or removing data from it?
mlmclaren
Grafter
Posts: 855
Registered: 04-12-2014

Re: Account Deleted Before Cease Complete!!!

No they didn't and they wouldn't as that is not the case... I know theres a cessation fee of £30 normally but PLusnet have to cover that as the reason for cease is due to their price change,
mlmclaren
Grafter
Posts: 855
Registered: 04-12-2014

Re: Account Deleted Before Cease Complete!!!

Quote from: HarryB
On this occasion no bill was generated as nothing was owed.

So can you confirm whether or not I will be getting a refund as promised on the phone?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Posts: 4,203
Thanks: 845
Fixes: 178
Registered: 25-03-2015

Re: Account Deleted Before Cease Complete!!!

The refund was issued on 11/08/15 and can take anything up to 14 days to appear back in the account it was taken from.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Posts: 19,100
Thanks: 437
Fixes: 21
Registered: 31-08-2007

Re: Account Deleted Before Cease Complete!!!

Quote from: The
As per title, I put through the request on Tuesday/Wednesday to cease one of my accounts, however the line appears to still be active at the address and also awaiting a final bill but I now find that I cannot log into the account on member centre... is this normal?Huh

The direct answer to your question is YES, it is for Plusnet! Many (ex)-customers have complained about this in the past as well as a lot of us regular posters in support of them. It is totally unacceptable that when a customer is leaving (for whatever reason) that they can no longer access the account to check that their final bill is correct - as you wished to do - (whoever may owe who money) and check that any outstanding tickets are suitably dealt with. This has been an especially thorny issue when a formal complaint has been involved as well. It seems that the Plusnet staff responsible behind the scenes, have taken no notice whatsoever of the feedback provided by (even going back as far as the DCT) staff  - assuming it was actually passed on.
mlmclaren
Grafter
Posts: 855
Registered: 04-12-2014

Re: Account Deleted Before Cease Complete!!!

Quote from: HarryB
The refund was issued on 11/08/15 and can take anything up to 14 days to appear back in the account it was taken from.

OK so there is a refund... will keep an eye out for that then!  Smiley
mlmclaren
Grafter
Posts: 855
Registered: 04-12-2014

Re: Account Deleted Before Cease Complete!!!

Quote from: Anotherone
The direct answer to your question is YES, it is for Plusnet! Many (ex)-customers have complained about this in the past as well as a lot of us regular posters in support of them. It is totally unacceptable that when a customer is leaving (for whatever reason) that they can no longer access the account to check that their final bill is correct - as you wished to do - (whoever may owe who money) and check that any outstanding tickets are suitably dealt with. This has been an especially thorny issue when a formal complaint has been involved as well. It seems that the Plusnet staff responsible behind the scenes, have taken no notice whatsoever of the feedback provided by (even going back as far as the DCT) staff  - assuming it was actually passed on.

Very sneaky if you ask me.... I was under the impression that every provider had to provide the customer with a final bill... whether this be via post or e-bill...(depending on their selection as a customer) but as we both know the e-bills are now inaccessible  Roll eyes.
Well, one connection down... one more to go  Cheesy
and if I do in the meantime find any issues with refunds then I might just go straight to CISAS... they have already managed to get some sprinkles added to my leaving deal from Plusnet.... unexpected sprinkles too.... but then its nice that after building a legal case and compiling so much diagnostic evidence and also the pages and pages and pages of complaints, tickets and stories and Plusnet "seemingly" backing down once they realised I had done this, that I also get paid for doing it.
The only thing I feel bad about is the customers staying on and picking up the costs Sad
Community Veteran
Posts: 19,100
Thanks: 437
Fixes: 21
Registered: 31-08-2007

Re: Account Deleted Before Cease Complete!!!

Quote from: The
The only thing I feel bad about is the customers staying on and picking up the costs Sad

OMG, line rental will be going up again Shocked  mind you I'll know who to blame Grin  Tongue  Lips are sealed