cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Closure Not Straightforward.

Rover218SD

Account Closure Not Straightforward.

I feel I have to bring this problem to the forum because of inability to get progress from chat or phone calls.
Was broadband only with PN.
Out of contract, no arrears.
Paid PN by DD on 1st February, February’s BB subscription.
On 4th February arranged with BT to move BB to them. I know there was a ticket in my PN account dated 4th February about this.
BB service moved over on 20th February to BT.
On 26th February (as usual on 26th) I received a notice PN would be taking another DD for my broadband on 1st March and I queried this on PN chat.
Have been on chat a few times with assurances this will all be sorted out, and on one chat session was advised by PN adviser to cancel my DD, which I did.
Now despite assurances on chat and helpline that things are “on hold” till Wednesday 8th, the emails “inviting” me to reinstate my DD keep coming.
One adviser actually told me that regular PN broadband subscriptions are paid in arrears and I would have to pay what I owe PN. I should be due a small refund in fact but my main concern is the seeming inability to administer the simplest of broadband migrations which was properly notified, the pursual of payment for a service no longer provided, and the suggestion of non-existent arrears on my account.

2 REPLIES 2
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Account Closure Not Straightforward.

Hi there

I am really sorry to hear of the problems you're having with getting your account closed.

I can see your direct debit has failed and the invoice is no longer pending. I've arranged for this amount to be written off your account and then your account closed.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Account Closure Not Straightforward.

@Anoush wrote:

I can see your direct debit has failed and the invoice is no longer pending. I've arranged for this amount to be written off your account and then your account closed.

But what is being done to rectify this continuing problem @Anoush?  The Automation and Billing services are severely broken and currently not looking like being upgraded any time soon.  Meanwhile customers are being unnecessarily inconvenienced (and out-of-pocket) as well as the support team having much additional unneeded work.

How can this be escalated for action by the Management Team?  This has to be a more significant problem to address than the 'tarting up' of the Member Centre Home page that @Liam has as a task?

Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.