Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Closed

FIXED
tonysheff
Hooked

Account Closed

On the 24th Feb after problems trying  to get my account closed as I had moved to another ISP. I rec this message;

We have received confirmation that your service has ceased. We would like to thank you for your custom and confirm we'll soon be taking a payment of £116.13 to cover the final outstanding fees held on your Plusnet account. This will leave your bank or building society account on or after 01/03/2017.

The payment was taken from my bank this morning. Then I rec this email;

Your Direct Debit mandate for your Home Phone service has been stopped,
we're not sure why, it's usually at the request of you, the customer, or
your bank.

I then rec this email;

Thank you for clearing the outstanding balance on your
Unlimited Fibre account. Your account has now been reactivated.

All of your account's features will be reactivated now. It
normally takes up to 30 minutes until all of these are available
for you to use but if your account had been cancelled this may
take slightly longer.

I am not prepared to spend more time waiting on the phone, I have cancelled the D/D. What is wrong with Plusnet.  You don,t have a problem signing up.

4 REPLIES 4
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Account Closed

Fix

I am really sorry to see this. It seems that your account automatically reactivated itself once the payment was taken. I've now manually closed it now with immediate effect.

Apologies for the inconvenience/frustration this caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
tonysheff
Hooked

I have just rec this email;

As per my update I have now closed your account with immediate effect. Once again, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused. I wish you all the best with your new provider.

I hope this is the end.

tonysheff
Hooked

Many Thanks for your quick response. 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

That was me.

I don't foresee any problems moving forward. Once more, I'm really sorry that this has happened.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button