cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Address Problems

Desmo
Dabbler

Account Address Problems

I recently moved house and moved in to a new build so I understand why the new address might not have been on plusnet's systems.
I had to downgrade from fibre at my old address to ADSL at the new address, being told that was my only option even though there's a live fibre cabinet 50 yards from my front door.
Once the BT engineer had visited the move all went well. I checked that I can now suddenly upgrade to fibre again but there's a glitch in the plusnet system that for some reason means my address can't be updated and my account just seems stuck.
It's been like this for 3 weeks now and I really need to upgrade to fibre again ASAP.
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Account Address Problems

Does your postcode/address appear on http://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode ?
Does the address you gave Plusnet match the official address registered with Royal mail?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Desmo
Dabbler

Yes, it's on the Royal Mail site and it is the same address I gave plusnet. They must have had the correct address otherwise the original engineer couldn't have made it to the correct house. It just seems that for some reason my address can't be updated on the system and so my whole account seems to be on hold.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Apologies for the delay, I've just looked over your account and it seems that we have now placed the order.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Desmo
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
Yes, looks like it was all sorted not long after I posted here. Just waiting for a fibre install date now Smiley