cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing an account.

DaveBrown40

Accessing an account.

I'm writing this question on behalf of my GF who is unable to access her online plusnet member account. She doesn't know her password and cannot reset her password as the email address that she signed up with is no longer active. She tried speaking to a telephopne advisor but they refuse to help her. What can she do?

11 REPLIES 11
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Accessing an account.

As she presumably still has internet access

Can she see the password by going into the router interface

DaveBrown40

The password is starred out in there

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

It might be possible to reveal the password on the router using a browser plugin (like this Firefox plugin)? It's worth a try if you can.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

That's good news that the password is starred out as it means that the browser has remembered it,

If @jaread83's link doesn't help use your favourite search engine to search for 'view saved passwords xxx' where xxx is the browser being used.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

In case trying to get the PW from the router fails, it's been mentioned in this forum that Plusnet have alternative methods (questions) they can ask to confirm identity in this situation. The telephone advisor should have offered that option. I suggest trying again and ask to follow this process.

David
DaveBrown40

Still no luck with this, to top it all she tells me looking her direct debit plusnet are charging her double what they should be.

How they can can get away with such shoddy practices is beyond me. They won't even write to her by post.

Can she get any information that might help with a freedom of information request?

DaveBrown40

and the browser doesn't remember the login password. In hub manager it's starred out even when looking at it in a new browswer.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@DaveBrown40

The official complaints procedure is here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

For future reference a link to it is shown at the bottom of every webpage as "Complaints Code of Practice"

This is probably her best way forward. 

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear that.

Whilst I can't discuss our data protection procedures publicly there are other checks that we can go through if she doesn't know the username.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
DaveBrown40

Matthew Wheeler we tried that and the person we spoke to was so unhelpful it was ridiculous. Perhaps we should try again and hopefully get to speak to someone that actually wants to help solve the problem and not someone that seems in a hurry to end the call.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'd recommend calling again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team