cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepting payment

Richard99

Accepting payment

Hi I am new to Plusnet and in my first month. I have to say that so far I am more than ready to leave if it wasn’t for the fact that they want to charge me the best part of £200 for what I would class as utter incompetence.

I took out my contract the middle August for broadband and phone. Service started on the 1st September. 

I made a payment at the point of taking out the contract to cover my first month on a debit card and set up my direct debit too. Come the 9th October I have an email and a text saying that for some reason they couldn’t take payment, so I logged on and paid by debit card there and then.

I must of now spent the best part of 3 hours waiting to speak and speaking to people in customer services. 3 different people so far. I have given them bank statement proof on the 10th as requested by customer services to prove I paid as I received no acknowledgment for the card payment. I was told that that was great and should be all they need. I also pointed to the fact that the name on the direct debit was incorrect and probably why they had been unable to take payment from my bank. Fast Ford a few days and I received another email and text indicating that I still hadn’t paid. Phoned again, spent ages waiting then spoke to a customer representative who said that according to my bill it look as if it had been paid and asked for accounts to verify this directly with me. I again pointed to the fact that the name was wrong on the direct debit as it concerned my that the same would happen again obviously.

Today again I received email and text messages now threatening me with more charges as I still hadn’t paid. Another 30 minutes waiting to speak with someone and I am now informed that they need to see proof in the form of bank statements again 14 days after the first proof was submitted so that they can make sure that the money wasn’t returned to me by my bank??? Why have both the previous people I have spoken to not said this. Why have accounts not been in contact, and why did the second person I spoke to seem to think there was no outstanding monies, but the last that I do. I now have to wait until next Wednesday to submit more evidence which will probably mean another hour on the phone for them to probably tell my that accounts will have to look at the evidence again. Why is it so difficult? 

1 REPLY 1
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Accepting payment

Hi @Richard99

Thank you for getting in touch and I am so sorry that you are having issues with your invoices. I understand that this hasn't given you the best initial impression of us and I apologise for that.

I have looked through your account and as my response contains account specific details I have responded via a ticket on your account that you can view here

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

- Warwick