Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About my cancellation request... ?

FIXED
Misterel1
Dabbler

About my cancellation request... ?

I've just had the dreaded automated "About your cancellation request" email through to my primary email account, stating that the cancellation would take place on 14th April 2020 yesterday (very short notice, but that''s automated systems). It came through at about 2.30 PM but I didn't have an opportunity to look at my PC until the evening.

As I'm not in the process of cancelling and use that account for all of my primary email contacts, this is problematic for me.

I  think I know why it is happening / happened - you have an automated billing system that (apparently annually) scans old accounts for which payments aren't being received and shuts them down. In this case its a legacy "email only" account - about two years ago I migrated to VDSL at about the time your billing system suffered some issues that prevented you from invoicing customers or allowing them to pay you. The initial suggested solution was to "close" my original account (switching it to mothballed / email only) and set-up a new account for access to broadband and billing. This was done - it didn't resolve the billing issues at the time but they have subsequently been fixed.

About a year ago I had the same issue with the account being shut down from under me - it was resurrected (but I had to recreate my mailboxes for new messages). I'm hoping the same can be done again (as its apparently closed now). Is there anything that can be done to stop this happening annually?

I'm still a customer, using the "old" account for my family email accounts and the new one simply for access - I wish to continue working this way (not least as all email confirmations come through to the currently closed accounts). I'm currently a short way into a fresh 18 month contract.

13 REPLIES 13
Misterel1
Dabbler

Re: About my cancellation request... ?

For now email still seems to be coming through - but I know from last time that this may only be temporary. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @Misterel1 I'm sorry to see what has happened. Unfortunately I couldn't stop the cancellation but we've reactivated the account now making sure it's an email account so this shouldn't happen again. 

I'd recommend going to Manage My Mail Here to resetup your mailboxes and you'll be back up and running. I've added more detail, including a list of the mailboxes you've had, onto a support ticket you can view and respond to by going Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Misterel1
Dabbler

Many thanks - I've recreated my mailbox and hopefully that has sorted it now Smiley

Misterel1
Dabbler

(mailboxes even)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the confirmation @Misterel1 that's good to see.

Are you able to send and receive mail normally and could you check your emails are in the mailboxes still?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Misterel1
Dabbler

I could see my email successfully yesterday after I recreated the mailboxes.

Unfortunately this morning my phone and PC are both complaining that my login details are invalid - I've gone back in and set the passwords again but that hasn't resolved anything - its as if the mail server is currently seeing my account and all connected email addresses as invalid.

Outlook is returning "Your email server rejected your login. Verify your username and password for this account in Account settings. The server responded: ERR Login failed." - usernames and passwords are the same as they were before and were working yesterday evening - after you fixed things and I recreated the mailboxes yesterday so all was fine.

According to https://plusnet.servicestatus.net/plusnet/statusth email service is up, so that isn't the issue

Should I raise this as a new ticket or is it a wrinkle of the original issue?

Thanks for your support on this,

Mark Lawson

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've refreshed the mailbox component on your account which should hopefully fix this.

Could you let me know how it goes after the next 30 minutes?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Misterel1
Dabbler

"mark", "misterel", "freya"  & "carol" are working. "ella" currently isn't - I reset the password again at 3.30 (in case I'd copied an extra space in front setting it up) and pasted it into Outlook and the email set-up system on your side but still no luck on that one - just tried connecting to it again (6.19).

EdWeasley
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Hi @Misterel1,

Thank you for taking your time to respond.

From checking the mail box on our side I can also see that this is not working. We are going to need to look into this further with our back end team. I can see that my colleague has ownership of this therefore I have notified him to look into this further.

Kind regards,

Josh

Josh Berriman
 Plusnet Help Team
Misterel1
Dabbler

Many thanks Josh

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Morning @Misterel1 Before I raise this to our NetOps team for further investigation, could you try deleting the mailbox ella@ then re-add it and let me know if it starts working after an hour? (Assuming it's not started working by itself overnight)

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Misterel1
Dabbler

That worked - all fixed now Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to see that! No problem, let us know if you need any further help. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet