cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A year left of contract - yet price increase email

Kat
Dabbler

A year left of contract - yet price increase email

I've been going round in circles trying to find a way to contact Plusnet about the price increase email I received yesterday Ticked_off. I've got a year left of my 18 month contract, so surely my price cannot go up?

How do I contact them if a) I don't have time to either wait on the phone or chat and b) the options for raising a ticket have been limited to certain topics, which this is not one of.

Can someone give me an email address to contact them or explain how to raise a ticket for this kind of question. Thank you so much if you can help.

14 REPLIES 14
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: A year left of contract - yet price increase email

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with the price refresh.

If you would like to discuss a new deal I'd recommend calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 (Currently absolutely no call queue) or chat with them online from here

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

No e mail address exists; you can walk away with no penalty, within I recall 30 days of their price hike advice.
Kat
Dabbler

Am I to understand that they can actually increase the price in the middle of a contract? What's the point of a contract then? And I've also paid a year's line rental in advance.

hodmandod
Grafter

I'm in the same position. It seems farcical, to me, especially as I would be unaffected by any of the grandiose claims of 'better service'.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

It isn't a fixed price contract so the price can be increased at any time, but you are able to leave if you wish and it's only gone up by £1 a month so I don't know what all the fuss is about.Wink

jetstar
Grafter

It may only be £1 a month but in real terms even on £9.99 unlimited adsl it is equivalent to a 10% price hike ... isn't retail price inflation currently around 2.5% ? Just another revenue making exercise from plusnet always happens every year around May or June.

Kat
Dabbler

Thank you for understanding. I'm also only a third into my contract. I just find it unacceptable that my contracted price is changed all of a sudden. Maybe I could leave without a penalty but it just means extra inconvenience I could do without.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

If you have caller ID on your phone line that will now be free negating the £1 broadband rise.

Also if you leave because of the price rise you will get a pro-rata refund of the line saver.
Pretty much all the other larger ISPs also increase mid-term prices just like the mobile operators so sadly so you could find yourself switching every year.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
OES

I see you say on leaving due to the price rise there's a refund paid pro rata for line rental paid in advance.

I phoned yesterday to give notice of wanting to leave because of the price increase and was told quite robustly I would not get any refund of my unused year of line rental and that my bill will go up £10 because I want to leave so all discounts are now removed.

All disconcerting!
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@OES wrote:
was told quite robustly I would not get any refund of my unused year of line rental

Are plusnet staff still rolling that old chestnut out, seriously.

The only thing rolling out should be several heads at plusnet HQ.

If some of the accounts of phone conversations are true it does make you wonder if there was a crossed line with Scammers UK. What other possible and acceptable explanation could there be?

firecrackerjim
Dabbler

So I can Leave plusnet now and get some of my line saver back?

what about the router do we have to return it?

I joined plusnet in august mainly due to going through quidco and plusnet offering 75 quid cashback, in febuary they declined my cashback now this price hike.

Kat
Dabbler

firecrackerjim, why did they refuse your cashback?

I've been pretty happy with PlusNet since 2014, but I'm not happy that there is a price increase in the middle of a contract, well third way into a contract. It's not about the size of the increase, it's the principle. 

Has someone got their line rental back on leaving due to a price hike? I've got about six months left of the line rental.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Kat @firecrackerjim @OES

Yes they must refund unused line rental (under OFCOM General Conditions)

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/broadband/2018/04/plusnet-to-hike-broadband-prices-

What if I have Plusnet's Line Rental Saver?

Plusnet customers can pay for 12 months line rental in advance and at the moment save £30 a year, compared to Plusnet's standard line rental charge.

If you've taken the Line Rental Saver, and now, as a result of the price rises, wish to leave Plusnet you will be refunded for the remaining months that you haven't used your Line Rental Saver.

Also from @Gandalf https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Line-rental-saver-and-cancellations/m-p/1533659#M29...

Hi there.

I can confirm you'll receive a pro-rata refund of any unused line rental saver if you do decide to leave this because of the price refresh comms.

Let us know if you have any further queries or concerns.

Anoush

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
firecrackerjim
Dabbler

They said it never went through quidco but quidco did track it

Anyway im off