Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A wee bit cheeky there...

FIXED
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

A wee bit cheeky there...

Already posted this in my thread in General Chat, but thought I'd open another thread here specifically to deal with this, got an email this morning stating that a bill of £17.49 for my service (which ended on the 9th Feb after moving to Vodafone, their billing cycle started on the 10th according to my account over there) for 24th Feb to 24th March will be debited on or after the 28th, given I'm not with PN any more, charging for a service, given the payments have always been in advance, not in debit, that is no longer with yourselves, it's a bit cheeky don't you think? Roll_eyes

Screenshot from my PN account bills:

PNbill.jpg

17 REPLIES 17
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: A wee bit cheeky there...

There have been similar incidents where BT Retail have charged customers for continued service AFTER they have moved over to Plusnet.  The information reported to be offered by BT Retail is either that the new provider has not informed them that the line has been taken over or that BTOR has not advised of the same.  As I understand the process, BTOR is responsible for advising the losing supplier that the service has migrated.

So the question here is ... Is this a case of BTOR not advising Plusnet that the service has been moved so that final billing can be actioned ... or is this a continuation of the after departure billing for which Plusnet has previously had their collar felt by Ofcom?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

In the other thread a refund of sorts was mentioned which would indicate Plusnet have been notified.
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

According to the "My Bills" thing, the £5.06 refund was a "Refund for overpaid subscription charges" according to the note, and given PN are billing for broadband "without a phoneline", something's gone missing in the chain of communication, whether it's Openreach, BT, Vodafone or PN at fault I haven't a clue...

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Reason for escalation:  Request response

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Decided just in case to remove the DD from my bank account before anything is taken, got other payment commitments to make after all... Smiley

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear that.

I've passed this to the correct team to investigate.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Just received an email regarding a failed direct debit, and I note that a support ticket has been raised on my account, but, erm, am I giving you guys time 'til you get there, oooooorrrr............................... Huh

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I've credited the outstanding balance from your account now.

We'll close your account shortly. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Just thought I'd make sure things had progressed, I've noted that the account credit was issued, but the account is still open, so, just giving a nudge... Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

I've sorted this out for you now. Sorry about the delays.

I hope you'll stick around these parts still, and choose Plusnet as your broadband provider in the future. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Thanks, glad it's all sorted now, as for choosing PN in the future, well, I have another 17 months to make a decision... Grin

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

well, I have another 17 months to make a decision... Grin

We'll look forward to seeing you again. Cheesy

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

D'aww, apology accepted!! Grin

Choc.png

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Nice touch!

Though given PlusNet's "Honest Yorkshire" sentiments, these might be suitable suppliers for future little gifts...

https://www.ampleforthplus.co.uk/bespoke - lollipops

https://www.yorkcocoahouse.co.uk/collections/chocolate-gifts - various bars