cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A simple matter became quite complex - can someone clear things up?

jwsg
Rising Star

A simple matter became quite complex - can someone clear things up?

In the last month of my initial 12 month contract (£14.50 phone with Weekends and ADSL discounted to £4.99) I noted some forum posts suggesting contacting Customer Options rather than just migrating off to a better 12 month deal.
As recorded on ticket 88904369 I agreed another 12 months on the same ADSL charge and 12 months Line Rental Saver Evenings and Weekends for £137.88. This would add Evenings which I didn't really want but the deal was OK to save the hassle of moving. I gave my card details but no charge was made to my card.
I phoned CO back a week later (ticket 89227572) and they tried to put it through  but because the change to Evenings was pending I was told to wait to the start of my next billing period.
My next bill went to £14.50 + £1.50 for the Evenings and I phoned CS to pay the Line Rental Saver. Again no joy - the system would only allow the £131.88 line only saver.
Transferred to CO (total call and hold time 1 hour on a Saturday) and the solution was (ticket 89792418)
   Refund August Line and add-on £16
   Ad hoc charge of £137.88
   Set up 11 months discount of £14.50   (line)
   Set up 11 months discount of £1.50     (add-on)
   Set up 11 months discount of £4.00     (ADSL)
So it doesn't seem the system actually knows I'm on line rental saver and it's all being done by fixed discounts. So why am I still worried?
   a) When the line rental and add-on goes up to £15.99 + £2.00 next month surely I won't get the full benefit of paying up front and will be out of pocket?
   b) The ADSL also looks wrong as it should be £5.00 off to get down to £4.99 ?

2 REPLIES 2
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: A simple matter became quite complex - can someone clear things up?

Hi jswg,
I've popped a new ticket on your account that should now cover that for you with the correct prices going forward.
jwsg
Rising Star

Re: A simple matter became quite complex - can someone clear things up?

Thanks for that