cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new Referral customer - Questions

Wheel_nut
Grafter

A new Referral customer - Questions

My daughter is moving house and her current provider - Virgin Media on Cable.does NOT cover her new home. She is considering Plusnet Unlimited on the £2-99/ month for 9 months deal but has some questions:
1) The deal is for 9 Months but the contract appears to be for 12 Months. Is my understanding correct?
2) Will she be paying £9-99 for the additional 3 month of the first year?
3) Assuming that she honours her 12 month contract, is there any up-front charge other than the £6-99 P&P for the Router?
4) Can she pay her Line Rental for 12 months in advance and will this START and RUN for the same period as the Broadband?
5) At the end of 12 Months, can she leave with a MAC without Penalty?
6) What is the current leadtime from On-line Order to LIVE Telephone and Broadband?
I haven't been here for a while so am out of touch with the changes in Terms and Conditions since I migrated to BT ablut 30 months ago. Are there any new Gotchas that I should beware of?
Robin
5 REPLIES 5
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: A new Referral customer - Questions

Hi Robin
Q 1 and 2 , No its an 18 month contact , first 9 month at 2.99 next 9 at 9.99 , bottom of main page , under legal bit "Plusnet Unlimited £2.99 for the first 9 months then £9.99 a month – 18 month contract"

Q3 ,No
Q4 , Should do (mine did)
Q5 Yes (18 month)
Q6 , Not sure , think that will depend if OR and whether ADSL or Fibre is ordered
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi Mike and thank you for the pointers to the Legal bit.
The 18 month contract is a Gotcha because if you are paying your line rental annually, you either pay the FULL Rental for 6 months or you are stuck in a perpetually unsynchronised pair of contracts.  Roll_eyes
Now, if Adam or James can offer a synchronised 18 month Line Rental contract then this could be a goer .... otherwise, I think I need to find a better deal.  Sad
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Once the 18 month broadband contract expires you pay £9.99 per month with a 14 day notice period - no contract - on a market 2 or 3 exchange, as long as phone remains with Plusnet.
David
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Thanks Spraxyt. I didn't know that the ongoing contract can now be terminated with FOURTEEN days' notice.
In practice though, when the 18 month contract comes to an end, you call the options team and get offered a "deal" as long as you sign up for another 12 months, this still perpetuates the unsynchronised pair of contracts. I have exactly the same problem with my BT Broadband and Line Rental contracts and I don't like it!
It would be nice (for me) if PlusNet offered Line Rental on 12 or 18 month contracts.
Robin
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

That's true, but if (say) a new product came out that you wanted to upgrade to a new  contract is likely to be started which would cause misalignment again.
The reality is that discounts go with tie-ins. If we want to avoid tie-ins we can pay the standard price.
David