cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little concerned...

Mav
Fixes: 515

A little concerned...

I paid 28.98 on 29/10 for the first month's line rental/BB /anytime calls +P&P for the router and my go live date is the 12th. Billing date appears to be the 9th (same date as before I moved away in February)
This morning I received an email with the following:
We hope that you are enjoying Plusnet Unlimited account and finding our services of exceptional value. This is just a brief note to let you know that we will be taking the next subscription payment for your Plusnet Unlimited account on 2012-11-09.

Is this an oversight or am I about to be billed twice for the same month? I would have thought my next payment would be due on 9th December!
The same email asks if I know I can pay by DD yet I entered the relevant details around a week ago.
Would someone kindly confirm what the payment to be taken on the 9th is about and whether the DD is properly in place so I don't incur a non-DD charge.
Thanks.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES 4
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: A little concerned...

Hi Mav,
As this account has been re-activated  from your previous one your billing date has remained the same.
Your broadband charge will be a pro-rata charge on your next bill for your services going active up until the billing date.
With the direct debit query, we are still awaiting confirmation from your bank that this instruction has been accepted, so it is still pending.
I hope this this helps.
Any questions let me know.
Chris
Mav

Thanks, chris.
The DD is showing online with my bank now so shoud be ok.
As for the pro-rata payment if my billing date is the 9th and I don't go live till the 12th then, surely, I've actually overpaid for the first month and that should be reflected on my next bill due on 9th December? Maybe the first payment was adjusted to cater for the three day diffetence (haven't got those details to hand at the moment). Either way I shouldn't be billed again till December?

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I'll make sure that your not overcharged although our billing system will automatically do this for you.
Mav

I appreciate that, chris.
Anyway, I'm sure if there are problems they'll get sorted in a timely, efficient manner.
Just bear in mind where I'm returning from and I'm expecting that there will be hassle from that direction. Maybe they just might surprise me....