cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A bill for a service I do not have

DFGiles

A bill for a service I do not have

As I have exhausted all other forms of contact to resolve this situation this is my last attempt to get a human who is employed in the billing department. As my last 3 telephone calls to the call centre have resulted in being told that there is nothing they can do even though they could see on my account I had not got a BB connection let alone the fibre system involved in the bill. With great reluctance and follow financial advise I stopped my DD with my bank to stop any further attempt of theft for money not owed. I did however aggre that as soon as I was connected to my BB I would re setup a New DD however since being connected only 8 hours ago I have been blocked from the Internet and being held to ransome to pay up the outstanding amount and try to claim it back after. No chance. It's time for a human to put some sense in place of leaving it to an automated system which is out of control. I am not alone with this type of problem.

5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: A bill for a service I do not have

Hi @DFGiles sorry to hear of the problems you've been experiencing.

Looking over your account I can see that this appears to have started when your connection was slammed by another provider that we were unfortunately not able to stop, despite requesting the takeover to be stopped, I can see only the phone side of the orders were actually stopped.

I can see your broadband connection dropped on 04/07/16 and I do apologise for the length of time it took to re-provide the service.

Moving forward, we'd need to issue a refund against your previous invoice as some of the downtime occurred during the time this invoice covers, however I unfortunately cannot issue this refund while there is no active direct debit instruction held on the account (Although I appreciate that you appear to have resubmitted this)

The remaining downtime occurred during the invoice that is currently outstanding, so I have credited the amount off of this invoice for you.

I will also raise a take ownership of a ticket on your account so I can monitor for your direct debit instruction to go active and issue the remaining refund that is due back to you.

I hope this helps.

@DFGiles wrote:

I have been blocked from the Internet and being held to ransome to pay up the outstanding amount

The splash screen should currently remind you of an outstanding balance on the account, however there should also be a link to Acknowledge and continue browsing as your account is currently only in Day 5 of failed billing. Full restrictions would not be put in place until day 14.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
DFGiles

Thank you for your response to my forum entry, however I do not totally agree with the number of days without BB service but without many hours of work by myself to disprove them as all my previous usage records have been cleared from my account on the Plusnet web site. My other question regarding these calculations was the assumption that I had a fibre supply from the 23rd June until the 28th July this was not the case as the fibre system was only connected for the first time on the 29th July.

On the topic of the Plusnet web site restriction I have been on to it this morning (Saturday 30th) and get only demands to make a payment, no way I am giving a CC as it will be debited at every time I have a dispute. The DD setup is in place and should payout in a couple of days not long considering how long I have had to wait for my BB line to be setup.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@DFGiles wrote:

My other question regarding these calculations was the assumption that I had a fibre supply from the 23rd June until the 28th July this was not the case as the fibre system was only connected for the first time on the 29th July.

Although I appreciate that the invoice indicates Fibre while it was not active and in fact no service was active. The credit I have mentioned here removes the cost of the time the service was not active:

@HarryB wrote:
The remaining downtime occurred during the invoice that is currently outstanding, so I have credited the amount off of this invoice for you.

@DFGiles wrote:
The DD setup is in place and should payout in a couple of days not long considering how long I have had to wait for my BB line to be setup.

While I do appreciate that DD instruction has been submitted, when I last checked it had not yet activated. If you were to wait for the instruction to activate, before submitted the payment via DD, it would then take up to a further 5-7 working days for the payment to process, which could cause you to run in to the full restrictions on day 14.

You should be able to make a one off payment at www.plus.net/pay and have the option to enter card details for a one off payment. Card details would only be stored for future payments if adding these for regular payment details, but not while entering the details on the screen to make a one off payment.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
antnjo

This is happening to me at the moment and I can't understand why they would rather me cancel my services
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Welcome to the community forums @antnjo

I've had a look over your account and it appears that your broadband service is currently free.

It appears the payment you made yesterday was supposed to be for initial fees and was initially requested on 18/07/16.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet