Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Huge Dilemma

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

A Huge Dilemma

I am currently out of contract for fibre broadband and home phone call package, and have Line Rental Saver which expires on 5th April.

I have been a fortunate individual having had no billing problems other than the notified delay at the time of roll-out of the new billing system and a small issue with cancellation of a mobile deal that was rapidly sorted.

My dilemma is:

1) If I renew my Line Rental , is the new software likely to regard it as an up front credit and stop taking Direct Debits for phone and broadband charges as has happened in a number of cases raised in the forum, or will the LRS just renew without problems?

2) If I choose not to renew the LRS and opt to discuss a new all inclusive contract deal is it likely that the new billing engine will see the LRS renewal email as an unpaid bill and apply restrictions on my service as has also happened recently?

A little help, guidance and assurance would be appreciated because as a 76 year old with major health issues, I am trying to avoid the possibility of any additional stress in my life.

Thanks in advance

Evan

12 REPLIES 12
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: A Huge Dilemma

Hi @agedgopher, I'm sorry to hear recent billing issues posted on the forums has caused you to be rather hesitant on re-contracting and renewing your line rental saver (LRS) however I can understand your concerns.
Although there's no 100% guarantee I can give you that a change in contract or renewal of LRS wont result in account billing issues, I must inform you that the vast majority of customers that sign up, re-contract or renew LRS don't have any problems on the billing front and as our Community Forum is a place for customers to raise their queries or issues I can understand how it seems most of these processes result in billing complications.
Whilst there's more chance it will be fine than not, if there are any problems we'll be more than happy to help clear them up if you give us a nudge on here or contact one of our support channels.

Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Are plusnet taking the Mick or what

Quote ....Although there's no 100% guarantee I can give you that a change in contract or renewal of LRS wont result in account billing issues, .🙄🙄🙄
This company is full of billing issues that have been ongoing now for over 6 months. I think it's about time ofcom slapped plusnet with another large fine.
smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

In other words if you renew , you will encounter problems Sad @agedgopher  maybe better just to stay as you are to prevent Stress and the need to move , check in a few months if its fixed then decide what to do Wink i believe if you dont do nothing  you should stay as you are LRS may change to monthly I hope

agedgopher
All Star

Thanks to @BD@Shep41  and @smiffy1  for your input on this.

I am due a new bill today so will look at that and the I have a whole month to see what is happening before I Jump.

Fingers crossed that I will find some positives to aid my decision in that time frame.

agedgopher
All Star

Well today I bit the bullet and tried to renew my LRS.

I went through the form filling and added my debit card details and got the message " Your card has been declined"

Tried again with exactly the same result. The page gave an option to use another card, but I only have that one. The bank balance is fine and the card was used earlier today to pay another small bill.

No options left now.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @agedgopher

I would strongly advice asking your bank why your payment was declined as we do not have sight of this information. 

From personal experience, if your bank has a daily limit on your card spending (rare, but possible) then the LRS payment (being roughly £200) may have taken you over this? I am of course merely theorizing here as I do not know how your account is set up nor who you bank with at the moment in time. 

Can you let us know what the bank say? 

Thanks, 

MoR

agedgopher
All Star

Hello @MasterOfReality 

My apologies for the delay in my response. I had a hospital appointment this morning and have been tied up ( not literally) in sorting out my bank this afternoon.

It appears that they flagged a purchase that I made earlier in the week as a possible fraud and failed to tell me about it!

They blocked a large purchase for wedding presents, a food shop transaction and a top up for my mobile.

All sorted now will try again online now.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Thanks for the update @agedgopher 

Glad you worked it out.

If we can be of more assistance please don't hesitate to give us a shout. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

speedf
Grafter

When I renewed, I got hit with the "billing problem".  Four months on and still not resolved.  Be warned......

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @speedf

Please see my reply to your earlier post.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
agedgopher
All Star

Well all seems to be OK. I have had confirmation email that LRS is added so looking forward to a normal billing on 6th April.

Thanks again @MasterOfReality 

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Just let us know if you need any further assistance @agedgopher

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team