Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Frustrating account closure experience

jaseace
Hooked
Fixes: 1

A Frustrating account closure experience

After being a Plusnet customer for a number of years I decided to move to You Fibre as their deal on 500mbps full fibre was the same price as what my Plusnet renewal for Fibre Unlimited was and also I couldn't get full fibre in my area from Plusnet so it was a no brainer. I contacted PN on the 22nd December to make them aware that I was going to move providers and wanted to give notice that when my contract came to an end on 11th January the service would cancel as by then I would be a You Fibre customer as that was getting installed on the 7th January which is was without any issue and that was when I no longer used the PN fibre. I know that the 14 days would have meant I'd ended up without Broadband for a couple of days before the new provider took over but that wasn't an issue. I recontacted PN on 4th January in relation to a query about the cancellation and I was told that from my call on the 22nd there were no notes on the account about the cancellation request so this was put through and I was informed that the account would now close on the 18th January. I have today received an email from PN saying that I'll soon be billed £47.54 which would leave my account around the 19th January so I contacted PN to find out what this was for and this is because the account closes after my usual next billing date however after 20 days or so I'd receive a final bill and would be refunded for the service that I don't use. This was a little bit frustrating especially as my initial  cancellation request had gone in on the 22nd and that would have happened before my next billing period had it been processed when I asked it to be. All in all it is a frustrating experience getting the account cancelled and now having to pay another bill for a service I don't have and haven't used since the 7th January and now having to wait for that money to be refunded back to my account.

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: A Frustrating account closure experience

Moderator's Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

When moving to a new provider, as mentioned here previously, DO NOT ADVISE PN; just leave it to your new provider to fix the transfer.
jaseace
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Unfortunately You Fibre are not using the Openreach network and therefore they do not contact the old supplier so I didn't have a choice but to inform them of the switch. This is outlined on their website that when leaving the customer needs to inform their old supplier to cancel the service.