Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£95 quidco cashback declined!

FIXED
individual6891
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

£95 quidco cashback declined!

I ordered my fibre through Quidco 20/06/17 and had my £95.00 cashback tracked almost immediately.

Unfortunately due to circumstances out of my control (i.e. the current tenants at the time), my service only became live on 2/8/17. I submitted multiple telephone and online support tickets to try and expedite the commencement to no available. However, I was reassured that my cashback would track as it is linked to my account.

Frustratingly - I have had the original cashback declined despite these reassurances.

I have tried to go through Quidco but their support is frankly pathetic and essentially non-existent. I have also tried to log a support ticket with Plusnet via telephone but again to no avail.

The only reason I switched from Sky was to take advantage of this cashback! If I had of known this was going to happen I would never have left my other provider.

Apologies that this forum seems to be littered with these problems, but can anyone help?!

24 REPLIES 24
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: £95 quidco cashback declined!

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your cashback from Quidco

From checking the affiliate tracker on our side it doesn't look like the sale was through an affiliate. Do you have any confirmation or details from Quidco that you could send me by PM?

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
individual6891
Dabbler

Edit: pm sent, images attached.

individual6891
Dabbler

It is extremely alarming that I am being told that my account is not linked despite previous reassurances. I have sent you screenshots of my quidco activity and the confirmation email.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for that

I'll get back to you tomorrow once I've investigated this with our marketing team

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
individual6891
Dabbler

Thank you so much. Hoping to hear a good outcome. I read the '£75 declined' thread and I can absolutely categorically state that this is not a cookie issue. I sent you a screenshot of my entire quidco activity and you can clearly see that everything else has been tracking fine.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've sent this across to marketing. Once we hear back we'll let you know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've been advised that you need to raise a transaction query with the affiliate, and explain we're aware that some accounts were previously validated incorrectly. If you ask them to look into this a bit deeper they'll see we've approved it.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
individual6891
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

Unfortunately the website won't let me raise a transaction query as the original order was placed 20/6/17 which is outside their timeframe of investigation apparently. Even though my account was authorised and became live on 2/8/17. It won't let me raise a support issue under all of their options. Here are their error messages:

• Missing cashbackPlease note: your purchase must be between 1 and 45 days
  • Declined cashbackWe have no record of a declined transaction with this retailer. However, this can happen if your purchase was declined more than 45 days ago. 
  • Incorrect amountSorry, cashback queries for this merchant needed to be submitted within 5 weeks.

Sadly, the only way is via yourselves which I think is where the responsibility lies as you said that my account was invalidated incorrectly. Presumably this isn't due to Quidco but due to Plusnet.

individual6891
Dabbler

Additionally - before you ask if I have contacted Quidco directly. Yes, of course I have. Zero reply after a week.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I’ll discuss this further with Marketing once I’m back in the office tomorrow.

EDIT:

@individual6891 We've investigated this and I've updated a ticket on your account with the next step:
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=157075982

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
individual6891
Dabbler

Thanks for looking into this Gandalf. However, your reply depends on one simple assumption - that I can contact Quidco. Quidco are refusing to reply to generic messages. I am unable to log in a support ticket as per above as it is outside their investigation window.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I appreciate that but we can't really do much I'm afraid.

We've approved the cashback so it's unfortunately in the affiliate's hands to send you your money. You should be able to contact them at any time though over here: https://www.quidco.com/help/

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

This really doesn't match the corporate aspiration "We'll do you proud" @Gandalf

From an initial disbelief that the client had signed up via Quidco via an acceptance that a PN system problem had created the initial rejection, it's just not good practice to walk away and pass the buck back to the client.  Can this be escalated internally please.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

individual6891
Dabbler

Fix

Gandalf - My payment tracked. I even sent you proof. You initially stated that you could not find my affiliate link, but now you state that it has been approved. Clearly there has been some catastrophic error from your company which has left me £95 out of pocket.

Quidco has already declined the cashback and are refusing to answer the case as (A) your company declined it (B) they are refusing to re-authorise it and (C) it is outside their investigation window - which was not in my control at the time.

I have already posted to you the reasons listed in their website about not being able to re-open my ticket with them. Essentially they have closed and shut my case due to your company's mistake.

As Maurice stated, I'd be extremely grateful for you to escalate this further. Otherwise please give me direct telephone contact information for Quidco that your marketing team use to contact them (even though as a paying customer, this really isn't my job to chase).