cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£80 moneysavingexpert cashback

chattanavenue22

Re: £80 moneysavingexpert cashback

Hi all, just found this thread. I also joined plusnet through MoneySavingExpert under the assurance that I would receive £80 cashback. After signing up I found it strange that I received no information telling me how to claim my money back. A week later I found a cash back email from plusnet hidden in my junk folder of all places! Luckily I wasn't too late to claim back! I received a cheque in the post a couple of days ago however I'm in the same position as dweston84. I only received £50 and not the £80 I was guaranteed by MSE. Can anybody help get my extra £30?

Cheers,

Tom

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@dweston84 - I'm happy to advise I've had a response from our marketing team advising they will get a refund of £30 sent back to you for the missing cashback.

I've been advised you should receive this within the next 5 working days.

Thanks for your patience with this matter, please do let me know if you've not received the refund after 5 working days.

@chattanavenue22 -

Welcome to the community forums.I'm sorry to hear you've also only received £50 and not £80.

I've left a note on your account for myself to chase this up tomorrow for you. I'll be back in touch tomorrow once I have more information.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies I didn't get back to you last week @chattanavenue22.

I've discussed this with our marketing team today and they've advised me they'll be back in touch with me with an update tomorrow.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
respectjess

After getting in touch with Plusnet because I had no correspondence on how to claim my £80 cashback reward on signup, I have received a cheque but only for £50.

Can someone help in me getting the additional £30?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@chattanavenue22 - Thanks for your patience. I've just heard back from our Marketing team and have now issued a refund for the remaining £30 cashback.

I hope this helps.

@respectjess - I'm looking in to your account now. I'll update my post shortly.

I've discussed your account with our marketing team and should have an update over the next few days. I've taken ownership of a ticket on your account regarding this matter.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Taffsontour
Hooked

I emailed you internally over a week ago but I still have not had a reply as to when I can expect the £80 cashback or if I will have the same issue as many others with £50 initially then having to fight for the further £30. Customer service?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @Taffsontour,

Looking at your account, the correct offer code is showing for the £80, so I don't believe you should have to chase this up as some others have had to.

If you do receive the incorrect amount, it certainly should be a fight for the correction to be made as I have done so with others in this thread. If this happens, just let me know and I'll happily look in to it for you.

As this is an auto-redeem offer, you shouldn't have to do anything to receive your cashback and a cheque should arrive within 60 days of the first service on your account going active.

Please let me know if you've still not received the cheque towards the end of January and I'll chase that up with our marketing team for you.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dweston84

Hi HarryB,

I still have not received my £30, can you please chase this up?

Cheers,
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@dweston84 - Sorry to hear that you've still not had the refund back yet. Back on the 7th I essentially forwarded on the messaged I'd received from our marketing team.

I see you've since discussed this with someone else and the refund hadn't actually gone through, however having double checked this now, I see our marketing team have now issued the refund so you shouldn't be waiting too much longer.

Apologies for the delay.

@respectjess - I'm happy to advise I've had a response from our marketing team confirming your cheque for £80 is on it's way and should be with you within the next 14 working days.

Thanks for your patience.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dingodrum

Same thing happened here - had to hassle plusnet into issuing the £80 cheque, they sent £50....just spent an hour on the phone to them and they insisted they have never done an £80 cashback deal, it must have been £30 through moneysupermarket/MSE/whoever.

They eventually said they'd credit me £30, which I will believe when I see it. WHole thing has been a shambles so far (they also forgot to send out my router).

This has wasted hours of my life. Bloody shysters.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear you had such a hassle trying to get the remaining £30 from the £80 cashback you signed up to.

I believe a very small number of customers were sent £50 incorrectly on this offer, however most were picked up and corrected without any prompting from the customer.
Again, I'm sorry to here this wasn't the experience you had, but I'm glad to hear you got it sorted eventually.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dingodrum

Maybe, but being told repeatedly that it was a £50 offer and implying that it was my mistake before relenting and giving it to me as a gesture isnt really ideal either is it? At best this is incompetence followed by ignorance of your promotions.

I bet that a lot of people dont have the time and anger to follow this up as I have - its taken hours of my time. I suspect plusnet have made a lot of money out of this affair.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I fully appreciate your situation and experience in this instance isn't ideal and I will happily pass feedback on regarding people you've dealt with when chasing this up.

However a few of these ones that I've chased up have had a response from our marketing team along the lines of "this account had already been picked up in a report and the correct cashback about will be issued and sent" in line with my previous response that the majority of accounts that received the incorrect amount on this particular offer were picked up and corrected with no chasing from the customer.

Again I do apologise that your experience was different and understandably less than ideal.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Taffsontour
Hooked

However Harry, I still have NOT had any contact or cheques and we are less than 2 weeks away from the 60 day threshold. If no cheque is received by the 16th Jan I will be providing poor feedback on Martin Lewis' website and contacting the Ombudsman also. So far today all I too keep hearing are false promises.

At this rate what do you think the chances of me staying as a customer at the end of the 1 year deal?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear the cheque has not arrived yet @Taffsontour, however we do have to allow the full advised leadtime before we can escalate the matter for non-delivery.

As per my previous response,

@HarryB wrote:
Please let me know if you've still not received the cheque towards the end of January and I'll chase that up with our marketing team for you.

@Taffsontour wrote:

So far today all I too keep hearing are false promises.

I'm not sure what false promises you're referring to. If the cheque has still not arrived after 60 days following the first service on your account going active, which I believe is 21/01/17, please do let me know and I'll happily get that chased up for you.

In regards to escalating a complaint via the Obudsman (CISAS) you would first need to give us a fair chance to rectify the complaint, which I have offered to do, should the cheque not arrive on or before 21/01/17.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet