cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£75 voucher has not arrived

Overscore
Rising Star

Re: £75 voucher has not arrived

Hi, it looks like your being passed from one to the other. There are three parties:
Plusnet.  Arguably "Venus Fly Trap"
Purecard, the card provider
Blackhawk, the credit provider

While you spend hours fruitlessly on the phone they are hoping you'll get fed up and give up. Please don't, for the benefit of all the others who have complained and not received the email, voucher, card or any of the £75

Below are a few more avenues you might explore:

​Mel Hunter writes for several newspapers on consumer rights
melhunterfreelance@gmail.com​, Instagram: melhunterwrites​, Twitter: @MelHunterwrites

Anna Tims writes your wrongs. Got a problem you want Anna to look into?
Send your dilemmas to your.problems @observer.co.uk (delete the space)

The Complaining Cow also provides services such as looking through complaints and making them for consumers.
https://www.thecomplainingcow.co.uk/contact/

Dean Dunham. The consumer champion and legal expert writes in the Sunday Mirror
https://twitter.com/DeanDunham

Cont'd...

Cont'd...

Consumer champion Katie Morley is here to fight your corner. Whether you've lost £1 or £1 million she wants to hear from you
If you've got a tip-off or want to tell me about a consumer rip-off you've spotted, please email kminvestigates@telegraph.co.uk.
For personal cases that you would like me to investigate, please copy and paste the form below into an email and send to kminvestigates@telegraph.co.uk.

Consumer Champ (The Sun) finds the help you need. MEL HUNTER, Consumer Champion
MEL has been battling against poor customer service on behalf of consumers for
more than ten years.
melhunterfreelance@gmail.com
Instagram: melhunterwrites
Twitter: @MelHunterwrites

The Guardian
We welcome letters but cannot answer individually. Email us at consumer.champions@theguardian.com. Please include a daytime phone number. Submission and publication of all letters is subject to our terms and conditions: http://gu.com/letters-terms

Hope some of that might help.
Good luck

Overscore
Rising Star

Hi Julie1234, thank you for your help.

To Plusnet forum members looking for help obtaining the promised £75 voucher:

It was I, Overscore, who sent the information which has just been removed/censored by Plusnet. There are more posts you might find useful if you search for Overscore.

In this particular case the information resulted from a search on Google for 'Consumer Champions' and up came about ten names and email addresses of prominent UK journalists who would be interested in following up our problems with Plusnet.

It must have struck a nerve.

Good luck,

Overscore

Overscore
Rising Star

Well, that was overwhelming, in the space of 10 minutes 36 folk have asked for that information.

I will post it below this message and hope it doesn't disappear again.

I hope you find it useful.

Overscore

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@julie12345 wrote:

and for anyone interested... Plusnet seem to be censoring these posts!

As you can see above @julie12345, posts have not been censored but have fallen foul of the spam filter.

I have now released them.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Tags (2)
vgt

Fingers crossed, I may have got the £75. 

I phoned 0800 4320200, and went through to retentions. Told them I wanted to leave as I hadn't received the service I'd signed up for. I was put on hold and then bounced to technical support, which sounded unpromising. But the person I spoke to there was helpful: he was able to confirm that a) their system did not show me as eligible for the £75 card (so an email would never have been sent) but b) it should have shown me as eligible given the date when I signed up.

With that established, he offered me a £75 credit to my account in place of the reward card. I'll remain cautious until I've seen the credit applied to my next few bills.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

A clear scam; I'm a computer consultant and this fact is unambiguous: an email sent is an email received, as long as the address is correct. They are not sending them.

The problem these days with agressive anti-spam systems is that's not neccesarily true. Yes, if the address is valid then the email will be received at the destination server. However what happens to it then is debateable, a number of email systems have 'discard obvious spam' settings available. If these are used and the system thinks the email is spam, then the email may be quietly discarded. Neither the sender or the receiver are any the wiser!

Now I'm not saying that's what's happening here, but it's a possibility...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

julie12345
Dabbler

Thank, I wondered what was going on! Now the posts are up and duplicated 5 times but at least the info is there I guess

julie12345
Dabbler

Hi there, well you had a great result! I tried the same thing and after saying I was going to leave I was put in touch with someone really helpful. The same thing has happened to me. Their system did not show me as eligible and each time I have called the helpline nobody looked into that possibility until I said I was leaving and wanted my money back. I still don't have the voucher or any credit like you but I am now hopeful. The person I spoke to sent me an email while I was on the phone to him so I can now refer to it and he has promised to call me back on Monday after escalating it. I've now spent in total 4 hours on the plusnet helpline, 6 calls, with yesterdays call being 45 minutes long. For anyone reading I think this is indeed what Plusnet are hoping for, most people don't have the time or inclination to spend so long chasing a voucher... 

Overscore
Rising Star

Hello MisterW,

Thank you for the helpful amplification you have kindly posted which adds substantial 'meat' to the matter of 'an email sent is an email received". Agreed.

julie12345
Dabbler

For anyone following these updates, Plusnet did not respond today as they promised... tomorrow I will start writing to the ombudsman...

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really sorry to see that, I'm investigating this for you and will be back in touch soon as I have an update. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dawei888

I am going to stick my neck out here and give Plusnet some praise. Compared with my previous supplier, they are certainly better at dealing with customers. I had a problem claiming this voucher, BUT give them their due, when I queried it, they couldn't have been more helpful and the card arrived within a week. It IS such an ordeal to get it though. I often ask myself "why can't it be simpler?" Do these companies "hope" the customer will just give up trying? The bottom line seems to be that we all love, 'money back' and want justice if we feel unfairly treated. I find British culture these days is so very quick to complain, yet reluctant to praise! How many people get rewarded by a company for saying something positive? In my experience, Plusnet may have their faults, BUT I have to say they DO TRY to make things better. So to all of you out there waiting for your voucher, don't give up!
julie12345
Dabbler

Hi Dawei,

Sorry but I completely disagree with you. Plusnet have been truly unhelpful. If you call the helpline most of the time it says they are not taking calls and if you are brave enough to keep trying eventually you get through but it takes about 30 mins of holding. After doing so I've now spoken to a few people who have fobbed me off and told me to carry on waiting. Another told me to call and email the supplier of the voucher. I did and they hadn't had any info from Plusnet so I would have waited forever... It's only after saying I wanted to leave that someone even bothered to look into the voucher for me and saw that I wasn't down for one. That same person is the one who promised to call me back yesterday and never did... I have found Plusnet to be truly awful, I've spent hours so far and still don't have it!

julie12345
Dabbler

Hi Adam, @adamwalker 

Any update? I had a message from you saying you had tried to call me but I have had no missed calls on my phone... Can you message me so I can make sure you have the correct number? 

Many thanks

Julie

alan19800
Dabbler

I finally got through to someone helpful as I was told there was no record of any cashback deal despite £50 giftcard being advertised on their site during sign up I said I would leave she went to speak to manager and said they would send cheque as goodwill gesture