Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£75 voucher has not arrived

julie12345
Dabbler

£75 voucher has not arrived

Hi,

I signed up to Plusnet over a month ago (over the phone) and have heard nothing about the voucher that was promised. Does anyone know how or when it arrives? I've tried livechat but there is just a bot who tells you to call the helpline. I've called the helpline and it tells you the lines are full, try later (after already waiting 20 minutes...). So, as Plusnet seem to have 0 ways to contact them can anyone advise me what to do?

47 REPLIES 47
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: £75 voucher has not arrived

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Everything Else to Accounts / Billing..
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
julie12345
Dabbler

Plusnet, I still haven't heard from you. Can you contact me about this?

Overscore
Rising Star

Hi, try this:

To get help with this try writing an email to Money Saving Expert on whose site this deal is featured. There are many more people complaining about the same thing on the Plusnet forum (and elsewhere)....I didn't count exactly but I saw at least 30 and there were more on other pages too. As you can see from the T&Cs which I'd made a note of, they say that they will send out a claim email when your service is activated. The majority of the complaints hinge around them (plusnet/BlackHawk?) purporting to send the email, but nobody is receiving them, so the two month claim period expires and there is no appeal. A clear scam; I'm a computer consultant and this fact is unambiguous: an email sent is an email received, as long as the address is correct. They are not sending them.

I got a reply from an MSE representative as follows:
======================================================
"The reward is usually supplied by a reward partner. Here at MSE we aren't involved in any tracking or processing of rewards and unfortunately we don't have any access to look into this further. However, as you've let us know you've having problems receiving the reward, we can escalate this with the reward partner to look into further for you.

So that we can pass on the info about your order, please reply with the below information:

Date of purchase:
Name of deal purchased/Monthly cost:
Order number:
Email address used on account"
=========================================================

So, try writing an email to this address and tell them your story too.
voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com

Good luck, Overscore.

===========================================
** Plusnet Reward Card T&Cs (on 22/6/2020)

Once your broadband and line rental are activated you will be issued claim information via email. Follow the instructions in this email to be issued with your Plusnet Reward Card. You must submit your claim within two months of the email being issued. The card must be activated within three months of it being issued.

The Plusnet Reward Card is issued by Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd, an Electronic Money Institution authorised in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority with Firm Reference Number 900023; pursuant to license from Mastercard International. Mastercard ® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd's company registration number is 05802971 and its registered office is at Westside, London Road, Hemel Hempstead, HP3 9TD. See Plusnet Reward Card termsOpens a new window.

Overscore
Rising Star

From the BBC website, an interesting comment by Retail expert Professor Joshua Bamfield:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2Q1StmbjmD8mw926yVT3z9M/cashback-schemes

Your Money Their Tricks

"Retail expert Professor Joshua Bamfield told us that cashback schemes are “pure behavioural economics because what retailers have found is that the consumer is keener on being given a cashback than actually paying a lower price.” He added that complicated claims procedures could be “morally wrong…because many people say, I bought it to get the cashback I just can’t be bothered it’s too difficult.”

Overscore
Rising Star

More information, phone number and email address about claiming the reward card from:

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/cashback-and-vouchers/

(Note the 0800 number and the email address in point 4, also in point 6 it says card is valid for 12 months)

1. How do I activate my Reward card?

You'll get an activation email from plusnet@purecard.com with instructions on how to activate the card online. Sometimes the email can end up in your junk mail, so check there as well. If you still can't find the email, please visit www.purecard.com to request that it's re-emailed to you. Your Reward Card can't be used until it's been activated online. You'll be able to view your PIN once you've completed the activation process.

2. How long do I have to activate my Plusnet Reward Card?

You'll need to activate the card within 3 months from issuance. If it's not activated by then, you'll no longer have access to the funds. See full Terms and Conditions.
Return to top
3. Where can I spend the money on my Plusnet Reward Card?

You can spend the money online and in most high street stores that display the Mastercard® symbol. However, there are some limitations.

4. If I don't receive my Plusnet Reward Card who do I contact?

If you've claimed online and your card hasn't arrived within 30 days please contact the Plusnet Reward Card Service team:

Call 0800 587 1995 or email plusnet@purecard.com.

5. If my Plusnet Reward Card doesn't work, what do I do?

If your Plusnet Reward Card has been activated, you've retrieved your PIN but it still doesn't work, please contact the Plusnet Reward Card Service team:

Call 0800 587 1995 or email plusnet@purecard.com.

6. How long is my Plusnet Reward Card valid for?

It's valid until the expiry date shown on the front of the card (12 months from being issued).

7. What happens if I don't spend the funds before the Plusnet Reward Card expires?

The funds on the card are available to you up to the expiry date shown on the front of your card. Once the card expires, any remaining funds on the card will no longer be available.

Overscore
Rising Star

Help can also be obtained by writing to your local Trading Standards Office.

To find your local Trading Standards Office and their email address:

https://www.gov.uk/find-local-trading-standards-office

Trading standards services are delivered by your local authority and consumer concerns should be reported to the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133.  If you are a consumer based in Scotland this service is provided by the Scottish Government funded Advice Direct Scotland, a telephone and online consumer advice service, on 0808 164 6000.

Most local authority trading standards services do not have consumer help lines and can only be contacted by telephone through the consumer helplines above.

You should report to TSO if you feel that:

• You were misled into buying their products or services.

What will they do?

The trading standards office will decide whether to investigate the issue. If they do, you will be contacted for evidence and more statements. If you complain to the TSO you are not going guaranteed to be contacted immediately. The TSO often builds up evidence before moving to educate the company or prosecute. they could give you a call much later in order to compile evidence and statements.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/how-citizens-advice-works/citizens-advice-consumer-work/t...

Important points mentioned:

• how services should match up to what has been agreed, and what should happen when they do not, or when they are not provided with reasonable care and skill;
  • unfair terms in a contract;

There are now also new, clear rules for what should happen if a service is not provided with reasonable care and skill or as agreed. For example, the business that provided the service must bring it into line with what was agreed with the customer or, if this is not practical, must give some money back.

julie12345
Dabbler

Well, for anyone reading I think this is indeed bad service. After spending an hour on Plusnet helpline I was told to contact the the company providing the voucher and below is their response. Plusnet have done nothing to help me and I have now called them 3 times. I will indeed be reporting Plusnet to trading standards! For anyone reading, this voucher scheme is so difficult for customers, don't sign up!!!!!

Good morning Julie,

Thank you for getting in touch regarding your Plusnet reward card and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I have had a look on the system with the information you have provided and unfortunately, I am unable to find a card in your name. This would mean that Plusnet hasn't sent your details over to us to send out a reward card for you.

In these instances, we would ask you contact Plusnet customer service on 0800 432 0200 for further assistance on getting your reward card.

Kind regards,

Matthew 

Customer Support

Blackhawk Network

Tags (2)
Overscore
Rising Star

Hi, it looks like your being passed from one to the other. There are three parties:
Plusnet.  Arguably "Venus Fly Trap"
Purecard, the card provider
Blackhawk, the credit provider

While you spend hours fruitlessly on the phone they are hoping you'll get fed up and give up. Please don't, for the benefit of all the others who have complained and not received the email, voucher, card or any of the £75

Below are a few more avenues you might explore:

​Mel Hunter writes for several newspapers on consumer rights
melhunterfreelance@gmail.com​, Instagram: melhunterwrites​, Twitter: @MelHunterwrites

Anna Tims writes your wrongs. Got a problem you want Anna to look into?
Send your dilemmas to your.problems @observer.co.uk (delete the space)

The Complaining Cow also provides services such as looking through complaints and making them for consumers.
https://www.thecomplainingcow.co.uk/contact/

Dean Dunham. The consumer champion and legal expert writes in the Sunday Mirror
https://twitter.com/DeanDunham

Consumer champion Katie Morley is here to fight your corner. Whether you've lost £1 or £1 million she wants to hear from you
If you've got a tip-off or want to tell me about a consumer rip-off you've spotted, please email kminvestigates@telegraph.co.uk.
For personal cases that you would like me to investigate, please copy and paste the form below into an email and send to kminvestigates@telegraph.co.uk.

Consumer Champ (The Sun) finds the help you need. MEL HUNTER, Consumer Champion
MEL has been battling against poor customer service on behalf of consumers for
more than ten years.
melhunterfreelance@gmail.com
Instagram: melhunterwrites
Twitter: @MelHunterwrites

The Guardian
We welcome letters but cannot answer individually. Email us at consumer.champions@theguardian.com. Please include a daytime phone number. Submission and publication of all letters is subject to our terms and conditions: http://gu.com/letters-terms

Hope some of that might help.
Good luck

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Post released from Auto Spam Filter.

Overscore
Rising Star

Hi, it looks like your being passed from one to the other. There are three parties:

While you spend hours fruitlessly on the phone they are hoping you'll get fed up and give up. Please don't, for the benefit of all the others who have complained and not received the email, voucher, card or any of the £75

melhunterfreelance@gmail.com​, Instagram: melhunterwrites​, Twitter: @MelHunterwrites

The Complaining Cow also provides services such as looking through complaints and making them for consumers.

Consumer champion Katie Morley is here to fight your corner. Whether you've lost £1 or £1 million she wants to hear from you
If you've got a tip-off or want to tell me about a consumer rip-off you've spotted, please email kminvestigates@telegraph.co.uk.
For personal cases that you would like me to investigate, please copy and paste the form below into an email and send to kminvestigates@telegraph.co.uk.

more than ten years.

The Guardian
We welcome letters but cannot answer individually. Email us at consumer.champions@theguardian.com. Please include a daytime phone number. Submission and publication of all letters is subject to our terms and conditions: http://gu.com/letters-terms

Good luck

Overscore
Rising Star

Test

Overscore
Rising Star

Cont'd...

julie12345
Dabbler

And of course, having just tried to call PlusNet for the third time they are not receiving calls right now due to the high number of people calling them. What a dreadful company

julie12345
Dabbler

Hey thanks, as you weren't able to post I'm posting your reply here for others to also read:

Subject: £75 voucher problem
Date: 20-08-2020 2:41 PM

Hi Julie12345,

I am unable to post a reply to your entry, but here it is, I hope you receive it. I wanted to place it under yours but was prevented.

Regards,

Overscore.

Send your dilemmas to your.problems @observer.co.uk (delete the space)

If you've got a tip-off or want to tell me about a consumer rip-off you've spotted, please email kminvestigates@telegraph.co.uk.
For personal cases that you would like me to investigate, please copy and paste the form below into an email and send to kminvestigates@telegraph.co.uk.

more than ten years.

The Guardian
We welcome letters but cannot answer individually. Email us at consumer.champions@theguardian.com. Please include a daytime phone number. Submission and publication of all letters is subject to our terms and conditions: http://gu.com/letters-terms

Good luck

julie12345
Dabbler

and for anyone interested... Plusnet seem to be censoring these posts!

Someone emailed me privately as they had posted a reply to this thread and the information had disappeared. The person then emailed me the information privately which was very useful.  I duly copied and pasted the information as I thought it was useful for everyone and I also had the information removed! 

Consumer rights? I guess only with the right wording.