Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£75 gift card not received - almost two months into the service

hostile17
Dabbler

£75 gift card not received - almost two months into the service

A long story short:

Joined in December, had £75 reward card offer. I waited patiently for it to arrive per instructions on the site.

It didn't arrive.

Contacted Plus.net 9th Jan and spend 40 mins on the phone while someone tip tapped a lot, said it would be fixed.

It didn't arrive.

I messaged ten days later. 

Message ignored.

I messaged five days later.

Got a response asking me if I'd received an email by someone who clearly wants to waste my time. I have a ticket saying I haven't got an email so what do you think Sparky? I confirmed for the challenged person none the less no I had not.

Five days later, message ignored.

Six days later some new bright spark thinks that I entered a code (I didn't) and it's a third party that's offering the cash back (it's not cash back, it's a reward card) and I should contact them. Hey get off Tinder, go to www.plus.net in your internet box and you'll see the offer on your own website. W@W! But sure, waste my time not knowing your own offers.

Still no resolution through the ticket.

Emailed resolutions email address - ignored there too.

A damn disgrace. That's what your company is. 

That said, the Ombudsman said I need to wait a bit longer before dropping the hammer on you, so I will. 

There's two ways this gets resolved:
1) You fix it, and the people at the community forum will prove they are not inept like their colleagues.

2) I have another written communication for the Ombudsman/small claims court.

So please, enlighten me as to if we're at #1 or #2.

Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: £75 gift card not received - almost two months into the service

Sorry to hear you've not had your cashback yet.

I've tracked this and I can see you signed up through TopCashBack. 

If you aren't aware of this then it's likely that there was a TCB cookie on the device you were using at the time of signing up and the sale tracked as such. Do you have an account with them?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hostile17
Dabbler

*Sorry to hear you've not had your cashback yet."

I do wonder with replies like that... what your objective is. Is it that you just don't care? Is it that you're trying to deliberately be obtuse in order to annoy people, a kind of corporate trolling. 

We have written words here. It's not like you mishear me, you can read the words written.

When I specifically complained that this is an offer on your website.  When I specifically use the term gift card. When I specifically said "it's not cash back, it's a reward card" you go and apologise for me not receiving some cashback.

What cashback? I never asked about cashback. Why are you apologising for something I Never asked about?

I've attached an image of it, to help you out. Again... a visit to your own website will enlighten you. The amount is now £50, but the offer is the same.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry that you feel this way.

A gift card is cashback. It's just a different term.

As I've previously advised your account is showing as tracked on a TopCashBack offer. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I understand the frustration, however as you have visited our site via a cashback site first (from @Gandalf's reply this has come through as TopCashback) this overrides the reward card offer on our site as they are mutually exclusive and not able to both be obtained on the same sale.

We do know that there is a reward card offer on our site, however the cashback provider offer is the one that is on your account.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
hostile17
Dabbler

"as they are mutually exclusive and not able to both be obtained on the same sale."

Do not lie to me. 

Please keep digging your hole. This is absolute gold for the Ombudsman.

"Sorry, you followed a link that made the special offer not work on our own website. We didn't tell you this when you signed up, but hey you know... be careful what you click online."

Please point me at the wondrous section of the "legal bit" that says that following certain external links to your site invalidates the reward card offer. I look forward to your response.

hostile17
Dabbler

"A gift card is cashback. It's just a different term."

No it's not. You do not use the term cashback on your website for a good reason. One is a monetary transfer, it is cash. I can transfer it from my account, use it for cash out of a cash machine. It does not expire and has no restrictions. It is as the name suggests: CASH. The other is a reward card that can only be used via the mechanism provided, is time limited is use and is a card "issued by Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd, an Electronic Money Institution authorised in the UK by the FCA with Firm Reference number 900023."

Basic legal accuracy.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Our terms and conditions Here as well as TopCashBack's own terms advise that two types of cashback cannot be used in conjunction with one another.

Cashback is a widely used term and it refers to gift cards, store credit, bank transfer, cheques etc.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hostile17
Dabbler

"Cashback is a widely used term and it refers to gift cards, store credit, bank transfer, cheques etc."

I don't care about wide use, I care about accuracy. And cashback is not a reward card.

Indeed on your very own website you say:"How do I claim for my cashback or Gift Card?" and then say "Sometimes we will have offers that include an extra element such as cashback, a Gift Card, a Plusnet Reward Card  or something similar"

Fancy that. Cashback OR gift card. If they were the same thing you wouldn't identify them separately.

So your answer on this point is incorrect and rejected.

"TopCashBack's own terms advise that two types of cashback cannot be used in conjunction with one another."

Two issues with this statement.

1) They don't actually say that, really. They say that if you use a voucher code that they haven't given that it may invalidate cashback at their website. I am not quibbling about cashback at their website. As I said I am not questioning cashback.

2) I signed a contract with you, my complaint is not with another site. It is asinine to suggest that following an external link would invalidate an offer on your own website and you would give no notification of this. 

hostile17
Dabbler

And of course the person on the phone on 9th Jan would have told me this, not requested a card to be reissued innit?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As I've said before, cashback can refer to a variety of different types of deal like a voucher, gift card, cheque etc.

the person on the phone on 9th Jan would have told me this, not requested a card to be reissued innit?

Feedback will be passed on internally regarding that as the affiliate tracker on our side ideally should've been checked as it advises you've signed up on a TopCashBack offer. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hostile17
Dabbler

"As I've said before, cashback can refer to a variety of different types of deal like a voucher, gift card, cheque etc."

Repeating something does not make it true. 

"How do I claim for my cashback or Gift Card?"

"Sometimes we will have offers that include an extra element such as cashback, a Gift Card, a Plusnet Reward Card  or something similar"

I said i rejected your response on this so do not insult my intelligence by contradicting your own legal terms and conditions.

"Feedback will be passed on internally regarding that as the affiliate tracker on our side ideally should've been checked as it advises you've signed up on a TopCashBack offer."

Not my issue. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've discussed this with a line manager and I'm afraid we can only re-iterate what we've already said. Whether it's cashback or reward card, it's all deemed as the same thing. Signing up via a 3rd party generally means that one or the other, not both.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hostile17
Dabbler

"we can only re-iterate what we've already said." Can I suggest not doing that, as you keep getting things wrong.

"Whether it's cashback or reward card, it's all deemed as the same thing." 

Illegal charlatans and plus.net are the same thing. I can bundle things together too. How fun.

You still have not pointed me at the terms and conditions, "the legal bit", where you state the offer is invalid if I click an external link.

You linked to an FAQ. Frequently asked questions. An FAQ is not Ts and Cs. Or are you going to try and gaslight me on that too and say they mean the same thing?

Point me at the LEGAL statement that says this as I asked.

Go to your homepage, check out "here's the legal bit" and let me know. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@hostile17,

The stance is if you've gone through TopCashBack and haven't had your cashback then you need to raise a claim through them to obtain the cashback amount. You do this through this link. If you've had the money paid by TopCashBack then that's the deal done and quite frankly you shouldn't be trying to claim a second set of cashback from us separately.

The TopCashBack site clearly states:

Signing up through an affiliate does not grant you the cashback provided on our site, when you click the link (which you've done) it provides a unique Plusnet signup page. This Plusnet signup page does not advertise any additional cashback offers. An example of this page (for the most recent TCB offer) can be seen below:

No reward is card offered, no Amazon Vouchers offered, no cashback amount is offered through these affiliate links.

The 'legal bit' at the bottom of that page states:

The following conditions also apply:

• This price cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
  • There is no cash alternative to this price.

If you're unhappy with this then please continue your complaint ticket and we'll provide you with a deadlock so you can go to Ombudsman Services as per our complaints procedure

We cannot add anything further regarding the cashback issue you have. Anything else please let us know.