cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£75 cashback through Uswitch deal via plusnet chat.

Dougster

£75 cashback through Uswitch deal via plusnet chat.

Hope someone can advise if there is any chance of getting this £75 paid after signing up for the service during September of last year. (£23.99 pm, 18month contract, £75 cashback through uSwitch offer after chatting to Plusnet chat)

The account is still under my late father's name and address who passed away at the end of January and I have only kept the account going as the house is still being cleared out and eventually be sold.

Initially, I required the fibre service as my dad had dementia and I required security cameras to keep an eye on his well being. I was going to keep the account open until I sell the house as I still use the cameras for security.

This month I received a bill for £68.99 and when queried it I was informed that Plusnet had made a billing error and had not been taking off the fibre costs. To be honest I thought this was the £75 cashback element that was being used every month until it reached zero balance.

I still have the transcript of the online chat when signing up last year. 

Although the cashback would be under my late father's name I could put it towards his estate.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

3 REPLIES 3
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: £75 cashback through Uswitch deal via plusnet chat.

Hi there @Dougster I am sorry to hear about the lost of your father, I have been unable to locate an account for you or your late father through your profile. If you'd like us to arrange the account to be transferred of ownership or closing down, then please private message me via Forums so we can get a call arranged.

Thanks for contacting us about your cashback or reward card, please check our FAQs for help. If you don’t find what you need then get back in touch https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/cashback-and-vouchers/

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
Dougster

Hi, I have just been in touch with one of your colleagues and as a gesture of goodwill, there will be no charges when I have to leave the contract. Regarding the £75 cashback, I have done a search on the Hotmail account I had used for mails and there is no email regarding cashback in my account including the spam folder for the date of 26/09/2019, when it was apparently sent, or any date thereafter?

I know looking at the terms and conditions there is a 2-month time limit on claiming, but if no email arrives to prompt, how can I claim?

I can supply my user name if this is a direct message to yourself.

Kind regards,

Douglas 

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi there @Dougster glad to hear you've gotten most of the account sorted. If you'd like me to investigate the cashback offer then please PM me the username of the account you're querying. Thanks Smiley

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team