cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£75 cashback from plusnet is very misleading!

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

£75 cashback from plusnet is very misleading!

I phoned up Plusnet before placing my order for Unlimited Fibre to check if I was eligible and the advisor said that I was.
Only to discover nearly an 1 hour ago that the offer is ONLY available to Unlimited Broadband and not Fibre!! This is extremely confusing because on your website it states that unlimited packages receive £75 cashback.  This was the main reason for change.
You've already upset me PN (it's not the first time)
I really hope I can get £75 as it would be nice, especially choosing PN to move back to after BT as was going to choose Sky.
Not Happy!!!
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
25 REPLIES 25
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: £75 cashback from plusnet is very misleading!

Yes I see the headline banner states £75 cash back when you sign up online, no mention of which package.
However a little lower down £75 cash back is only mentioned on the first of the three packages which is not fibre, although it doesn't say so.
I can understand the confusion, certainly for the uninitiated.
PS I recommended Plusnet to a young lady yesterday evening. She would not be viewing this page with the benefit of my experience.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I'm going to speak to the retention team as I believe it's a cruel marketing trick for new fibre customers.
When do the Forum staff work?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
SharonBrown
Grafter

Good afternoon NorthEasterner,  I'm really sorry for any confusion caused, I'm sure that the application of the offer to ADSL only and not Fibre is not an intentional attempt to trick anybody.  What concerns me and what I'd like to follow up on is the person you spoke to here who confirmed that the cashback was available to you as this is quite clearly a training issue.  Not only would I be in a position to make sure that the payment is made to you; I'd also be able to ensure that this does not happen again.
If you would be so kind as to PM me your details, I will have a look at it for you and see if I can locate the call.  I will be here until 5pm today then back in the office at 11.30am on Monday.  I hope you're having a nice weekend and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Warm regards
Sharon
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Regardless of what someone said on the phone the website is very clear that it only applies to non fibre - see screen caps
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

On the second screen shot all the packaged were under a banner advertising £75 cash back - which to me feels that is on all packages.  Also on community page there was fibre but it was in the £75 cash back offer and it is not related to the post but it didn't say 75 pound cash back so I assumed it was.  The offer should have been more clearly described.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

@SAB - Sharon I've sent you a PM.
NE
peter10
Grafter

Found this on Topcashback although some of the offer run out tomorrow.
Plusnet Broadband Offers                                                                                                Cashback
Broadband Only                                                                                                                £5.25
Unlimited Broadband and Homephone Up To 17Mb and £75 Plusnet Cashback Cheque         £10.50
Unlimited Fibre Extra and Homephone up to 76Mb Exclusive Offer!Ends Tomorrow                £126.00
Unlimited Fibre and Homephone up to 38Mb Exclusive Offer!Ends Tomorrow                        £105.00

However only for new customers only and cash back is never guaranteed.  
Oldjim
Resting Legend

So were you expecting to save £7.50 per month for 12 months on fibre as well
I really fail to see how a banner for one product can apply to all products when they each have their own banner
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

@Salmo - This is different from TopCashback
@OldJim - See my screenshots - the banner is the same for the 1 page and £75 is highlighted and has an arrow pointing down to packages.  So common sense is that the banner is representing ALL packages on that page
On the community page - it has fibre unlimited in the post - this is also confusing because you would think if it's in the same post it must receive £75 cashback because they are in the same post as £75 cashback offer.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

The second screen shot clearly states signing up for unlimited broadband at £2.49 per month not fibre
The top of the first screen shot is the same as the one I posted and again refers to £2.49 per month
Of course you have the usual get out of contract clause so what you do is up to you
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

It says "from £2.49" so I thought it is all packages.
I'm waiting to see what Sharon says as this does seem confusing, a customer service rep also said that it was for all unlimited packages - no mention of just being ADSL but ALL.
I could cancel and switch to ADSL then upgrade to fibre.  But I await outcome first from Sharon as I don't want my order messed up
peter10
Grafter

@ NorthEasterner. I realise it is different. However it seems a good deal for fibre if PN are not offering the £75 for it.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I suppose it is.
But it will tie over for Christmas and treating the family.  We all need to save as much money as we can.
-NE
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Look at my post from just over 2 years ago http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,106226.msg906652.html#msg906652
Shocking to see theres still issues with customers getting the cashback deal, it stinks that you have to raise a support ticket to get this cashback, I bet theres a few customers who have lost out on cashback deals because they didn't know they had to raise a ticket in order to get it.
Poor show