cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£75 cash back email not received

rjpowens
Hooked

£75 cash back email not received

I took up the £75 cashback offer and my services went live on 14th February but have not received a cashback email yet.
15 REPLIES 15
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: £75 cash back email not received

Hi @rjpowens, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've received no communication surrounding your cash back. Can you confirm how you signed up to ourselves, for example through out own website or a third party website e.t.c?

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
rjpowens
Hooked

Hi, signed up via Plusnet website on 6th February. Account name is [Removed], username [Removed].

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) redacted personal information as it's a public forum. It's still available to staff.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for your response @rjpowens.

I'm currently looking into this for you and will update you via the account once I have some information.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We've created a support ticket on the account for you in relation to the cash back. This can be viewed here

Thanks

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
rjpowens
Hooked

Response to ticket is unacceptable basically claiming I imagined the deal. I clicked on the banner with the man talking about cashback. See attached pic as proof that the deal definitely existed. Didn’t take a pic of Plusnet website at the time as assumed I wouldn’t need to, didn’t have this problem with BT cashback deal. Having looked through other posts I’m wondering if coming through Topcashback causes a problem with tracking, please advise? I actually did the whole transaction on Plusnet so I wouldn’t refer to that as signing up through a 3rd party.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you've gone through TopCashback then that will automatically invalidate any cashback offer from ourselves to prevent double-dipping so to speak.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rjpowens
Hooked

Where does this T&C appear?? Never had this issue with other companies
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

TopCashBack do state on their website that " Cashback will not be paid in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or discount code unless listed on this page, or with any other discounts such as refer a friend, staff or student discounts."

If you went for a different deal compared to what was showing on their end then that would invalidate the claim

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rjpowens
Hooked

But that is in Topcashback end. That is them stating cashback offers on Topcashback won’t be paid. The £75 cashback offer was a contract with Plusnet. Where does Plusnet state it won’t pay if you come through Topcashback?
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@rjpowens,

If you've signed up through TopCashBack and you haven't received the cashback that is advertised you have to raise a claim through TopCashBack using their claim form

Cashback advertised on a third party site is not provided to you by us, but by them. They have their own set of terms and conditions:

rjpowens
Hooked

I’m not talking about a Topcashback offer. On the Plusnet website it advertised a £75 cashback offer that I clicked on and went through and started a contract on that basis, as per attached evidence that that deal actually existed. I simply stated that I came through Topcashback, I’m not arguing with declining any Topcashback deal I am saying that Plusnet are claiming the £75 deal advertised on the Plusnet website that I clicked on didn’t exist.
rjpowens
Hooked

To be clear, the picture I attached is not Topcashback. It is from pcmag advertising a Plusnet deal and is the only evidence I can find that the deal existed as obviously I didn’t think I needed to photograph the Plusnet website at the time!
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@rjpowens 

I’m not talking about a Topcashback offer.

Apologies, but in a previous post you noted:

Where does Plusnet state it won’t pay if you come through Topcashback?

This is why I posted the TopCashBack Ts+Cs. Also you had previously noted that you came through TopCashBack.

On the Plusnet website it advertised a £75 cashback offer that I clicked on and went through and started a contract on that basis

It did not. We had no direct website cashback deals during the period that you signed up for, unless it was for a Fibre service. You do not have a fibre service, and the package and price is different to the one listed in the image. Even the direct website Fibre cashback deal had an amount that was less that £75. The only £75 cashback deal that was available at that time was a third party affiliate deal - which I assume is the the PC mag image that you've provided. 

as per attached evidence that that deal actually existed

That evidence shows that if you signed up through the PC Mag link that cashback was included but you have to click the 'get deal here' via their website, which you didn't do. 

rjpowens
Hooked

Yes I was asking where plusnet state they won’t pay so the Topcashback ts&cs are irrelevant. I only mentioned topcashback as someone in another post suggested it might cause a problem with plusnet logging plusnets own cashback offer.

It appears there was something very misleading going on as both myself and my husband looked at the Plusnet website numerous times at that time both together and independently while deciding whether to go with Plusnet and we both believed that the £75 cashback deal that the bloke standing with his arms outstretched was advertising applied to the £18.99 per month 18 month contract we signed up for. I only subsequently found the pcmag image as I was looking for proof that I had not made it up as I didn’t screenshot Plusnet at the time, I have never previously been to the pcmag website. As for my deal not matching this, see attached. My confirmation email stated speeds of 8-19mbps and that my contract as being 18 months so it’s the same. Thank you for your time in making customers out to be dishonest chancers. I will know to take a photo as proof next time.