Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£75 Quidco cashback declined

FIXED
havoplus
Dabbler

Re: £75 Quidco cashback declined

Thanks for getting back to me,

I'm glad we ended up at a reasonable compromise, thank you for escalating the issue up the ladder.

A little more back and forth than I would have liked, although I appreciate Plusnet cant be handing out money willy nilly to anyone and everyone who claims they've lost out.

I'll just drop a reply when the money turns up in due course for the sake of other customers who may have been in the same situation.

best regards,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

No problems at all, let us know once you receive it.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
havoplus
Dabbler

Can confirm that I've received it as promised, thanks to plusnet for working through this in a reasonable way and those support staff who escalated it to the appropriate departments

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesomeness, thanks for coming back to let us know. Thumbs_Up no problems.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TonyC1
Hooked

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I've had exactly the same issue. Signed up through Quidco on 17th July [edit - 19th], with Quidco info to prove it, but no actual official "Track". Did not take the matter further at the time as according to Quidco, Plusnet won't investigate any queries until after 5 weeks have elapsed.

Had a lot of administrative trouble getting the new service as moving house at the same time, various orders cancelled and resurrected, but finally up and running a couple of weeks later. No sign of any cashback from Quidco, or anybody else, and now Quidco tell me it's too late to make a claim as Plusnet require a claim within 5 weeks not 7 (even though they refuse to deal with any claims until AFTER 5 weeks have elapsed...)

I feel really ripped off here as I would have chosen somebody else had it not been for the cashback offer. £75 is a lot of money to be out of pocket by. Certainly doesn't encourage me to stay with Plusnet for the long term.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear things haven't gone to plan. We're not seeing your account created through Quidco.

Mind sending me a PM with a screenshot or any details to show you've signed up through the affiliate?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TonyC1
Hooked

Thanks - PM sent

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'll be in touch once we've investigated this

EDIT:

@TonyC1

Please can you PM me with a screenshot where it shows you're eligible for cashback?

EDIT:

@TonyC1 Further to my response, if you raise another claim with the affiliate, explaining that we're aware that some accounts were previously validated incorrectly and ask them to look into this a bit deeper they'll see we've approved it.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TonyC1
Hooked

Great, thanks very much. I've passed that information onto Quidco so we'll see what happens. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems, let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TonyC1
Hooked

Not very well so far. I've contacted Quidco Support twice now, but it takes a week for them to reply and they are being distinctly unhelpful. I'll try again but it's looking increasingly like Plusnet may just have to pay me the money directly (as a bill reduction, of course) in order to resolve this.

[edit - accidentally wrote Plusnet Support]

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Have you contacted Quidco again as per the above?
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TonyC1
Hooked

Yes, first thing this morning. But as I mentioned, their typical response time is about 5 days.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, can you let us know what happens within the 5 working days?

Thanks

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TonyC1
Hooked

OK, perhaps we're getting somewhere now. The most recent support person has said that she will raise a "missing cashback claim" for me, which should come to Plusnet. Hopefully you will be able to approve this, based on the discussions up to now.

There are two aspects to this whole process that are proving incredibly frustrating.

The first is that every email reply I send to Quidco seems to get treated as a new query and the rest of the email thread gets completely ignored, so I am continually being asked questions I have already answered, and given suggestions that I have already tried and failed.

The second is the FIVE week time limit for submitting claims, unlike the SEVEN week limit for nearly every retailer. Gandalf, are you able to explain why Plusnet have this special policy? Clearly even Quidco themselves aren't that familiar with it, as their support people keep saying "you need to raise a claim within seven weeks", but when you try to do so after six weeks, the system blocks it...