Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£75 Cashback

FIXED
vin333

Re: £75 Cashback

Hi Team,

I received the following response from Plusnet Support regarding my query on £75 cashback.

In regards to the cashback for your account.

I've heard back from our cashback team and they've advised that as the previous cheque that was sent on 05/02/21 was valid for 6 months before expiring. Due to this, they've advised we wouldn't look to re-issue a new cashback reward.
I'm sorry this may not be the outcome you were looking for but I'm afraid is out final stance on the matter as there was sufficient time to cash the cheque and get back to us sooner should there had been an issue in doing so.

Please note that the cheque was deposited by me for cashing well within the 6 month validate period of the cheque. The cheque was issued on 5th Feb 20(perhaps per the note above) and I tried to cash it on 2nd Mar 20. However my bank mentioned me the cheque was an unpaid cheque. Due to pandemic my focus was elsewhere so I did not get time to follow up on this.

Nowhere in the Plusnet comms was it mentioned that there is a time period to get back to Plusnet in case of any issue in cashing the cheque. The only time period mentioned was with regards to validity of the cheque. It was valid for 6 months from its date of issue. And I deposited the cheque in the window when it was valid, cheque issued on 5th Feb 20, cheque deposited for cashing on 2nd Mar 20.

However it turned out that the cheque was an unpaid which is similar to situation wherein I was issued with an unvalid cheque. This is same as not issuing me with a cheque. So please send me a replacement cheque which is valid. All of this issue would not have arised if I was issued a valid cheque in the first place by Plusnet! I am not prepared to forgo £75 cashback, especially now that I am on a higher monthly tariff broadband service. If you do not want my business then I will move elsewhere. Thank you.

Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Vin333