cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£75 Award

BettyC

£75 Award

My internet with Plusnet was connected on 9th July 2020 but I have not received an e-mail to claim my reward. How long does this normally take?

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
MrEmm

Re: £75 Award

I just joined Plusnet today and the phone line and broadband is working fine -  a very smooth transfer from my old supplier.

However, like BettyC, I have had no joy with getting a constructive reply on the £75 Plusnet Reward Card.  I used the online Support Wizard on 8 September to ask when I could expect to receive the card and got a reply on 18 September saying that I would need to speak with the provisioning team but they are unavailable via web-chat so I would have to contact them on 0800 328 622.  Despite calling on several days (and  holding on for several minutes each time) I have been unable to get through.

I would appreciate a reply from somebody in the provisioning  team to let me know what the process is for getting the Reward  Card. Even if it is going to take a month or two (or almost three months, like in the case of BettyC), just let me know what is going on seeing as it is so hard to get through by telephone.

Fingers crossed!

marionrose
Hooked

Hi BettyC,

I had the same issue. Getting to speak to their customer support team was a time consuming challenge in itself. When I eventually got through I was told that as I hadn't responded to an e-mail, (that I never received), I was no longer eligible to receive the reward card. 

If you get the same response as I had from Plusnet you may find the following helpful (it is copied from another topic on this forum - I hope the author doesn't mind) - MSE helped me get the reward card after Plusnets customer service team told me it was my problem and they wouldn't be supplying my reward card:

Hi, try this:

To get help with this try writing an email to Money Saving Expert on whose site this deal is featured. There are many more people complaining about the same thing on the Plusnet forum (and elsewhere)....I didn't count exactly but I saw at least 30 and there were more on other pages too. As you can see from the T&Cs which I'd made a note of, they say that they will send out a claim email when your service is activated. The majority of the complaints hinge around them (plusnet/BlackHawk?) purporting to send the email, but nobody is receiving them, so the two month claim period expires and there is no appeal. A clear scam; I'm a computer consultant and this fact is unambiguous: an email sent is an email received, as long as the address is correct. They are not sending them.

I got a reply from an MSE representative as follows:
======================================================
"The reward is usually supplied by a reward partner. Here at MSE we aren't involved in any tracking or processing of rewards and unfortunately we don't have any access to look into this further. However, as you've let us know you've having problems receiving the reward, we can escalate this with the reward partner to look into further for you.

So that we can pass on the info about your order, please reply with the below information:

Date of purchase:
Name of deal purchased/Monthly cost:
Order number:
Email address used on account"
=========================================================

So, try writing an email to this address and tell them your story too.
voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com

Good luck, Overscore.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@BettyC @MrEmm @marionrose @BettyC @MrEmm @marionrose  Thanks for contacting us about your cashback or reward card, please check our FAQs for help. If you don’t find what you need then get back in touch https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/cashback-and-vouchers/ - Noor

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
ChrisHiggs

I signed up a year ago with the promise of £75 cashback, and I'm still waiting! I spoke to someone at Plusnet today on the phone who claimed my email was sent out on 21st September 2019 (no email was received)... however I have records showing that I emailed on 3rd October 2019 to enquire and was told I'd have to wait 90-120 days.

Can somebody please take this up for me? A year is a long time to wait!

Regards,

Chris.

MrEmm

Following my post on 25 September, I'm pleased to report some positive news.  My Youview+ box has been delivered this morning (Tuesday) by Parcelforce, just a few days after ordering it from Plusnet.  I think this is great service from both Plusnet and Parcelforce seeing as I only ordered it by phone on Friday evening 

Even better, I also received an email from Plusnet this morning inviting me to complete a short online form to claim the £75 reward.  I completed the form and immediately got confirmation that the reward will be sent to me within 30 days. 

On the face of it, this all makes me a very happy customer but I realise that others have been having issues with the reward for several months, or over a year in the case of ChrisHiggs 😞 .  I hope  that everyone who is continuing to have issues gets them resolved before too long.

I have my fingers crossed that my reward arrives on schedule, but I'll come back on this discussion if it fails to appear.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for progress.

Kerrywerrywoo

I too have received zero information about my reward card which was part of the contract I entered with plusnet. I’m really not impressed so far and have zero confidence with the company at this point. It took a while to gte my broadband set up so we got off to a bad start and then if I don’t get my reward I will absolutely be cancelling my contract ASAP. To advertise a specific section of a deal that is then not honoured to what appears to be a lot of people seems to border on false advertising and needs to be looked into. 

MrEmm

Sorry to hear you are having concerns about your reward card.  A month ago I was in exactly the same position as you (see my previous posts) but I'm pleased to say that my reward  card arrived yesterday, exactly one month after my Plusnet broadband&TV package went live.  I activated my card  immediately (make sure you follow the instructions very carefully when your card eventually appears) and made a small purchase just to make sure everything worked.  I did, so I am now a very happy customer.

However, my delight will  be of no consolation to those who are still hitting problems with their reward card.  I can only suggest that you wait 4-6 weeks after your live date to give Plusnet some time to get the card to you.  I didn't have any communication from Plusnet on progress on issuing the card so don't expect any regular updates from them.  If your  card doesn't arrive within, say, 6 weeks or so, then it might be time to start  rattling some cages.

I hope all outstanding reward card queries are resolved soon.  For me, I'm now getting a good broadband signal, BT Sport HD is working fine and the reward card works just like any other piece of plastic in your wallet/purse.  Happy days.

Kerrywerrywoo

Well I finally got my card today - for £50!!! not £75 as it was agreed in my sign up package, really frustrated. Def going to move my account ASAP. One mess after another...