Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£7 for 3 days of broadband

FIXED
campbell494

£7 for 3 days of broadband

Hello,

My 18 month Fibre Broadband contract is due to end on 29/01/21. I have been paying the discounted introductory rate of £23.99 a month for line rental and broadband.

I have today signed on for a new, 12 month contract at the same price of £23.99.

Last night, I received a bill for £31.22 which goes up to 02/02/21. I had thought that these contracts would transition into one another on 29/01 and my price would be a consistent £23.99, however after calling, I was told this is not the case.

As a result, I am paying £7.23 for the few days between 29/01 and 02/02. This does not make sense to me.

Please could someone help me understand if this is fair, as it does not feel like it. I negotiated a new contract before my current one ended, almost a month early. I was told I have called one day too late, though the way I see it I still have 4 weeks left on my contract. I am trying to work out if it would be best just to cancel the new contract and go elsewhere.

Thank you and apologies for all the numbers.

3 REPLIES 3
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: £7 for 3 days of broadband

@campbell494 

Hi

When you sign up for a new contract and you are still in contract then new contract starts at as soon as the formalities are complete. The £7 will be an adjusment. The details should be in a new question on your account.

Dave

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

New contracts usually start on the next billing date but Plusnet's systems seem to mess things up at times and you get recontracts supposedly starting on other dates. I had that with my last recontract - the original original email and linked ticket said one date ( a few days from the recontract phone call) but then Plusnet decided to start it on my next billing date.

@campbell494 I think you need  a Plusnet staffer to clarify exactly what is happening and why.

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

Fix

Hi @campbell494,

I have investigated the billing on your account and left a ticket to explain what has happened. You can follow this link to review my response here

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team