cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 day bank account switching

tomm
Grafter

7 day bank account switching

Can someone in CS please look at the process used when someone uses bank account switching. [question #82170293]
I got an email on the 21st Feb saying that Plusnet has submitted a new direct debit authorization to my new bank - that is still sitting in "Instruction Submitted" status well past the "5 working days" it should take.
I don't understand why you submitted a new direct debit anyway? With the 7 day account switching should you just be updating the bank account details at your end because I can see the existing Direct Debit in my new bank account has been transferred successfully. I'm sure my energy company have just updated the account details and they kindlty wrote me a letter saying as much.
Consequently unless this gets sorted out in the next couple of days I'm left with a £1.50 charge for paying by card which doesn't seem fair as there has been plenty of time to sort out my direct debit.
3 REPLIES 3
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 7 day bank account switching

Hi tomm,
I have commented on Ticket: 82170293 for you regarding your DD setup. I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused.
tomm
Grafter

Hi Linn,
I understand what your saying, but why did you send off a new direct debit? My energy company appear to have just updated the account details. The existing direct debit transferred from my old bank to my new bank using the 7 day switching service banks have in place.
Checking my new account I can see that the new DD has appeared so hopefully it'll complete in time anyway. But my post here was more about your processes, which appear skewed with the current ability to switch bank accounts in 7 days. My energy company's letter indicated that they had been asked to "amend" the DD with the new bank account details, which they did - whereas Plusnet appear to have just submitted a new DD instruction to my new bank instead of just updating the existing DD.
Tom.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Tom,
Our system requires that we submit a new DD instruction when it's new bank details that we're setting the DD up for. I can't comment on how your energy company's billing system works, however, I can confirm that we've had to set up a new DD instruction for you. I'm sorry for the confusion caused.