Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£60 Cashback email not received

gw13
Dabbler

£60 Cashback email not received

Hello I hope you can help.

I switched my Broadband and Phone on 9th July 2018 through Moneysupermarket with an offer of £60 cashback . It is more than 10 working days since the Broadband went live 1st August 2018. I have not received my cashback email and nothing in my spam folder. Is it posssible to follow this up for me please. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: £60 Cashback email not received

Hi @gw13

Cashback from affiliate sites such as MoneySupermarket can take up to 60 days to be paid. I'd suggest you allow time for the affiliate to complete their processes. If you haven't received the payment by the beginning of October, do get back to us and we can look into it then.

Thanks.

gw13
Dabbler

Hello Thank you for your reply.

However I am not expecting the cashback from Moneysupermarket.

I was redirected to Plusnet to sign up.

I am waiting for the email to claim the £60 from Plusnet. 

Here are the details i was given on sign up.

As it must be claimed within two months its no use waiting that long for an email?

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @gw13

I can confirm that the cashback is paid by us, not MoneySupermarket. I appreciate you went via the Plusnet site but it is a marketing offer relating to MoneySupermarket, so we can't override the process they have in place. We can only look into the query once the 60 days have passed as per the offer conditions.

Thanks.

gw13
Dabbler

Hello

Thank you for your further reply.

Sorry I don't understand. The only information I provided to Moneysupermarket was a postcode when I did the switch comparison online. I was then directed to Plusnet to complete the switch and enter my personal infomation. I have no idea how Moneysupermarket is supposed to email me or recognise who I am?

I have spoken to customer services and am waiting for an email reply regarding the cashback and will respond again once I have the reply.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @gw13.

Apologies for the confusion. I can appreciate how it's not immediately obvious the way affiliate sites work.

Essentially an affiliate site need to show that the marketing they are paid to do works. They typically create a unique link to the supplier site via the advert you are clicking through. If there is any incentive due it is paid by the company that you're visiting, not the affiliate site, according to the rules for the offer.

The affiliate site provides the confirmation to us that an incentive is due. In line with common marketing practice by comparison sites, there will always be a typical timescale in place as to when a new customer would qualify for such incentives.

This is a general description of the process. I'm sure Customer Services will be able to advise you in more detail about what is due to you, however please do come back to social media if you require any further assistance.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@LordFoul

Is there an element of miscommunication going on here?  The OP centres on the lack of the email to @gw13 to initiate the Cashback payment, waiting 60 days to receive this mail is not clear in the terms.  Who is responsible for sending this email, Plusnet or their Associate?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gw13
Dabbler

Hello

MauriceC

Thank you for your input. You are correct I am just chasing my email to claim the cashback.

I have spoken to customer services but am still unsure about why I have not had an email or who is sending me this? Customer services suggested I would be sent an email with a link to claim the cashback during the conversation or I would receive a request for further info if needed.

I received a response later that my enquiry has been passed to marketing to be looked at in a further 5 working days.

To be honest when i was directed to plusnet to complete the switch details and read the "Legal bit" before committing I only saw that I should receive an email usually before 10 working days  after my service went live. I dont see anything on the Legal terms about waiting for an affiliate to act hence my enquiry.

I know from my welcome to Plusnet letter in the post that they are aware I switched through Moneysupermarket website ( it said the cashback offer was only available through them)  as its printed on there, so I am not sure why I've not received the email.

I hope something can be sorted soon.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @MauriceC

I understand what you mean. The OP does refer to the lack of an email to redeem the cashback, and this has been escalated to our marketing team to chase for confirmation. Along with this I have also asked for more clarity from them on who is responsible for which elements of the process. I will share the details on this thread when they arrive.

Hello @gw13

I am sorry this has been more complicated than it should have been for you. As the customer service team advised , they have escalated this and as soon as we have a response from our marketing team we will be back in touch with full details.

Thank you for your patience with this

gw13
Dabbler

Hello

Thanks to all for your input and support. I have now received the email and completed the form to claim my cashback. Hopefully all will be straightforward from here.  Best Wishes.

@Warwick

@MauriceC

@LordFoul