cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50% unlimited discount for pre-activation customers: what is Plusnet's stand?

ultimax
Dabbler

50% unlimited discount for pre-activation customers: what is Plusnet's stand?

Are or are not customers who signed up before the 50% unlimited promotion was announced but have yet to have their broadband activated eligible to switch into it?
One customer service officer and the email help desk told me it was not possible but another said she was unsure. But it appears it is indeed possible to do the switch, as reported here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110583.0.html
What then is Plusnet's stand? Plusnet can set the rules here, but they have to be applied consistently. Of course, I rather them allow in-betweeners (customers but no broadband yet) to enjoy the 50% unlimited discount too  Smiley
7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: 50% unlimited discount for pre-activation customers: what is Plusnet's stand?

Hi there,
Our stance is that existing customers aren't eligible for the deal I'm afraid. I believe the customer in the thread concerned had a conversation with our Customer Options team.
dsw
Grafter

Re: 50% unlimited discount for pre-activation customers: what is Plusnet's stand?

Did you speak to Customer Options again? That's who I spoke to about this, and it was processed. If you want I can give you the reference for the ticket.
ultimax
Dabbler

Quote from: Matt
Hi there,
Our stance is that existing customers aren't eligible for the deal I'm afraid. I believe the customer in the thread concerned had a conversation with our Customer Options team.

Hello Matt,
Thanks for your reply. Sorry, but I'm confused. The customer in that thread, like me, signed up with Plusnet before the unlimited promotion was announced, yet managed to switch to it. I'm afraind I don't see how that's different from my situation? I too called 0800 432 0200. Unless there's a different number to call?
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'm also interested in the answer to this as I was refused when I submitted a ticket.
It seems daft that a ticket/email request is refused yet if a customer calls up and begs (to the right person) Plusnet change their minds!
I understand that existing customers are generally excluded in offers *but* in this case the definition of 'existing' is unclear.  Until service is activated there isn't a contract in place so up to that point you're not a customer?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

If you call 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 between 9AM and 5:50PM Monday to Friday and ask for 'Cancellations' you may be offered what you want.  The Cancellations (or 'Customer Options') Team are the only department allowed to make exceptions for individual customers AFAIK.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
ultimax
Dabbler

Quote from: w23
If you call 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 between 9AM and 5:50PM Monday to Friday and ask for 'Cancellations' you may be offered what you want.  The Cancellations (or 'Customer Options') Team are the only department allowed to make exceptions for individual customers AFAIK.

Hello,
My broadband was activated today so I gave the Customer Options Team a call. Apparently the number to call is 08451406002. It's not the usual Plusline number. If you call that, you can't get transferred over. Or perhaps you can, but I couldn't find the option.
I got switched to the unlimited plan with the 50% discount without much fuss. I think you're right in that only these guys have the power to do so. The staff on the number cannot.
Anyway, Plusnet really made me work for it. I almost gave up chasing the 50% deal as it was taking far too much time!

James
Grafter

You can get through to the Customer Options team by calling 0800 432 0200 and selecting option 1, then 2 then 5.