Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£50 cashback outstanding from Jan '17

rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

£50 cashback outstanding from Jan '17

I moved my elderly mother to Plusnet in January this year whilst it had the £50 cashback offer on. I didn't expect this straight away but yesterday I reviewed her bank statements with her for the last 5 months and she hasnt received this payment yet.

Ive searched on the forum for similar cashback questions and others appeared to have received emails stating payment within 60 days. My mother didn't receive this email either. 

Ive waited to get onto chat to talk to someone but have given up now, (what happened to the useful ticket system?!)

I would like to know when she is likely to receive her payment, £50 is a lot for her at her age.

2 REPLIES 2
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: £50 cashback outstanding from Jan '17

Hi @rja66,

I've checked the account and we did send out a redemption email, to the contact email address on the account within 10 working days of the service on the account going active.

I'm sorry to say, as the redemption form we sent was not completed and submitted within 2 months, I'm afraid the offer has expired and is no longer valid.

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/cashback-and-vouchers/#how-to-claim

How do I claim my Plusnet Rewards?

If you've signed up to a cashback or Multi-Choice voucher offer, you can claim your Plusnet Reward in just a few easy steps:

• You'll get an email sent to the address you provided when you signed up. You'll normally receive your Plusnet Reward email within 10 working days of your first service being up and running.
  • Open the email and click on the link - it's valid for two months from the date we sent it. You'll then be directed to an online form. Fill in your details into this form and then click 'submit'.
  • You'll then see a confirmation screen - your Plusnet Reward is on its way!
  • You should receive your reward within 30 days of receiving confirmation it's on its way. It will be sent either via post or email, depending on the type of reward.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: £50 cashback outstanding from Jan '17

Thank-you very much @HarryB for the reply.

I have to say am gutted to find out she will not receive this cashback. I do not recall seeing anything about checking for an email when I signed up for her. She doesn't check her emails as she is 87 and I guess I must take some responsibility also as I failed to check for her (although I didn't know I had to ☹️) so I guess that's that. It looks like her emails were archived as well as they weren't accessed so I can't even check to see if she received it, In an email ref the archiving it does say raise a ticket to request access to old emails but the link provided there doesn't seem to point to where I can raise a ticket, they seem to have disappeared? That's irrelevant anyway now I guess 

I know the terms and conditions of this offer are laid out now but do feel it should be made more clear what you have to do at the signup stage.

As a customer of approx 15 years I have always been so happy with Plusnet, making many referrals and recommendations, however this has upset me, as a result I think I will move her back to BT next January and now advise others to avoid Plusnet in future.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Post released from Spam Filter.