Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£50 cash back?

FIXED
mike1973
Hooked

Re: £50 cash back?

Hi Help team

I realise if I'm not on the ball, I'll completely forget about my £50 English (or Scottish, I'm not a racist) pounds from the  company are a whole 8 days late with my checking my junk mail email! 

It's a disgrace. I demand it sorting, like, now. Actually, could you look into it for me, thanks.

Have a great weekend

PS .I'm serious. About not being on the ball.  

Gertrudethered
Dabbler

Thanks Gandalf for the help and response, but to clarify for anyone who think sarcasm is called for: my mother is in her late 70s, has had a stroke and doesn't properly understand how email works. I have a life, too, and it's hard for me to be 'on the ball' for my mum as well. I checked her email and there were none for the two weeks around the date the cashback message is supposed to have been sent. She doesn't know how to delete emails and she doesn't have a junk email (or didn't then, as I've now opened her a Plusnet email account). So it's a mystery what happened to that message and as the cashback was one of the reasons she was persuaded to go to Plusnet in the first place, she's what you might call a little miffed about the situation.

mike1973
Hooked

You've been on here longer than I have, and would have read replies about this issue .Surely you noticed the ones that said they were waiting 50-60 days for an email.  That would have been a nightmare wouldn't it? Reminding her to check her trash mail? I've drawn their attention to it, early. You can thank me later (That's sarcasm..shall I put I smiley in just in case?)

Personally, when i join forums I luck to gauge a feel of the place before posting.  The mods here have a lot of maybe genuinely p'eed off posters pouring their hate about the fact 'Game of Thrones' buffered for an entire episode. Is that better than a bit of genuine and quite obvious sarcasm.

I'm genuinely sorry for your mum, but sometimes I think sarcasm would be the least of her worries. Which was why I mooched about a bit.  Heaven knows a mod might appreciate the slightly different approach.  Just a thought

Have a great weekend. (Not sarcasm)

melilla004
Dabbler

I signed up with Plusnet in January 18 - finally got 'live' mid February (after a number of false starts) - I did receive an email telling me that I should receive my 'cashback' email, but I never did....

I then received a sales/account check call a short while ago and mentioned to the agent that I had yet to receive my cashback - I was advised that if I didn't receive an email soon, I should get in touch to chase it up...

I went on 'chat' yesterday with an agent and was told that the redemption email had been sent to me away back in February (it was not, I have checked ALL the emails I received from Plusnet around that time, and there were a significant number of them, but not the elusive 'cashback' email)  I was then told by the agent that the offer had 'expired' as I was to have responsed within 2 months - I'm livid - I never received the email!!   The entire exchange was significantly short of satisfactory and could certainly not be called 'customer service' - how can a term of my 'contract' (which I understand is, in fact, simply an agreement) have expired?! The cashback was part of the deal and the only reason I went ahead with Plusnet, from a financial point of view. 

I think Plusnet's business ethics are abhorrent - the 'customer service advisor' ( who was of no service to this customer!) offered no apology, explanation, worthwhile assistance or offer of rectification and I am now waiting to find out what, if anything, is going to be done - he is apparently requesting a listening request for the conversation I had a short while ago, though I am unsure exactly this is going to acheive, or where, exactly, I go from here....

My boyfriend suggested I do a quick google for "Plusnet £50 cashback scam", and was none too surprised when I found a whole screed of similar complaints - non-receipt of cashback email.

I would like someone from Plusnet to rectify this situation immediately - and I again would like to highlight just how awful this method of conducting business is.    I intend to follow this through - and would state again, I think the way in which Plusnet conduct their business is - thus far - reprehensible - not good Plusnet, not good at all!

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Melanie, 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and can confirm that we have agreed to honour the cashback offer. 

This is outlined in the ticket here

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. 

melilla004
Dabbler

Hi Ollie

I'm really very grateful.... I'd got quite wound up by the whole thing....

My one suggestion to Plusnet, as a result of this issue, would be to honour the agreement/cashback refund regardless of the circumstances under which the customer has been unable to effect the refund.... My own circumstances were that I really did not receive the redemption email, so was unable to respond within 2 months of receipt....neither should it be up to the customer to have to chase receipt of said email. Time goes by quickly in busy lives, and telling me that the "offer had expired" was exceptionally bad form.

Again, I thank you for your assistance in resolving this matter and look forward to receiving my cheque.

Best regards
Melanie

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hi @melilla004

We are really happy @OllieC was able to resolve this for you. Please get back in touch if you have any further problems. Cheesy

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
mike1973
Hooked

SammyM
I had exactly the same issues. Told the offer expired despite no email. I posted in this thread in February too to no avail. Can you help please?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@mike1973 I've raised a ticket on your account with more details regarding this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mike1973
Hooked

Hi Matthew

After reading this message I received the ticket via email where you said you sent me the voucher email on 8th February and as this has now expired there is nothing more you can do.  How can I respond to an email I never received.  I'm beginning to think that maybe this is some sort of scam.  You wouldnt pay for an invoice you never received would you?

As mentioned previously, @melilla004 above in this thread had exactly the same issue as me but has now had the voucher offered.  How can my situation be deemed 'nothing we can do about it' when its patently obvious it can when you can do this for other customers

Thank you

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @mike1973

I've looked into the issue and the ticket that @MatthewWheeler placed on your account.

I'm afraid that the information provided is correct and there is nothing more which can be done regarding this issue.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

Kind Regards  

mike1973
Hooked

I cannot believe this. You managed to acquiesce with the customer I mentioned on this thread but not me? In the same circumstances? There is absolutely no reason why you cannot give me what I signed up for, especially when I didn’t receive the mail. Why would I not respond to it if I’d seen it? I’m speechless
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

I'm really sorry @mike1973 

Each Cashback issue is dealt with on it's own merit and they can't really be judged against each other. 

In your case, I can see @MatthewWheeler looked into the required systems and performed the necessary checks to provide you with this information before placing the ticket on your account.  

I appreciate that this is not the answer which you were hoping for, however, i'm afraid we are unable to do any more regarding this issue. 

Thank you 

mike1973
Hooked

We are going around in circles here. You haven’t given me a valid reason for not honouring my cash back other than saying you sent my email on 8th February. I am telling you again I did not receive it. Inbox/trash or anything. Are you calling me a liar? You’re not ‘doing me proud’ here at all. You say Matthew did all the necessary system checks. What were they exactly? It may have been sent. But certainly wasn’t received. What happened to the customer being right? Disgraceful treatment. Appreciate you’re sorry but you tell me each cashback is dealt with on its own merits. How much more merit does an unreceived email need? Surely you can see this is completely unreasonable to think customers can respond to emails in the correct time when they are non existent. I’m not psychic.

I consider this a breach of contract on your side. You can see from this thread I asked about my email back in February. Why didn’t any help desk staff make a ticket or contact me back then? I got no response from that initial query either
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @mike1973,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I'm sorry for the poor experience that you've had in regards to your cashback and that your post on this thread from the 23rd of February was missed. In light of this, I've had a further look into this for you. As my response contains account specific information I've added this to the ticket here.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team