cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50% Discount for new customer

Balldrix

50% Discount for new customer

Hello all,
I am a new customer (since 6 weeks go) and the Unlimited Broadband was not available at the time.  Now I am 'upgrading?' from Extra 60GB to Unlimited Broadband and I have been told it is cheaper than what I am already paying.  But wait, I was getting a discount for being a new customer and the man on the phone said I am not allowed to have the discount if I upgrade as I am an existing customer.
How is this fair?  Angry  If I signed up today instead of 6 weeks ago I would be entitled to the rolling credit.  I feel the discount should be honoured. 
Is anyone else having this terrible experience with the upgrade?
Thanks, 
32 REPLIES 32
JonJon
Grafter

Re: 50% Discount for new customer

The promotion is only for new customers (and you are now classed as an existing customer), but you can always switch to unlimited when the promotional period ends - the only thing is that your contract length will restart.
Jonny.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you bought something in a shop and a week later found it was in the sale for half the price would you expect the shop to refund the difference?
Life is full of these little inequities, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.
I'm expecting to have to do a home move towards the end of January just a few days short of a year since my last one - that's going to cost me £65. It's one of those things one has to accept.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Balldrix

Quote from: jelv
If you bought something in a shop and a week later found it was in the sale for half the price would you expect the shop to refund the difference?

I fully understand what you're saying but I signed up for a rolling credit to be applied to my account every month.  I feel this should continue because the service has improved and the discount is still offered to new customers.
C
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I think the best you can do is to follow JonJon's advice.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Think of us that have been customers since 2001 we don't get it either, it stinks but that's the way it is to get new customers
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
omgfttc
Grafter

Quote from: JonJon
The promotion is only for new customers (and you are now classed as an existing customer), but you can always switch to unlimited when the promotional period ends - the only thing is that your contract length will restart.
Jonny.

I just signed up tonight, will i be able to get 50% discount?
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'm in a similar position and I'm not even 'officially' a customer yet! 
Signed up on Nov 23rd and have an install date of Jan 2nd.  I've asked if my order can be reclassified as Unlimited (so I get the 50% discount) and been told "No"....
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: omgfttc
I just signed up tonight, will i be able to get 50% discount?

The half price offer requires that your phone service is moved to Plusnet. If you signed up for broadband only it doesn't apply.
David
omgfttc
Grafter

Thanks for that,
can you also confirm for a new customer, say going for Unlimited fibre and phone ar half price, whats the longest duration on half price available?
adie:quote
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

For Unlimited Fibre Broadband and calls the Plusnet website (http://www.plus.net) says "from £9.99 a month for 6 months".
The legal paragraphs say "The offer is only available to new customers signing up from this (ie http://www.plus.net) page or by quoting "halfoff6" promotional code". and "Only customers who order the service between 19th December, 2012 and 7th February, 2013 are eligible for this offer". Line rental costs an additional £13.99 per month (or £10.49 monthly equivalent if you pay 12 months in advance (offer available online only)).
David
JonJon
Grafter

Yeah - it's the line rental that's the killer.
It's slightly better if you pay in advance with the LRS, but there are other phone providers on the market providing LR for £7 a month (half the price).
I don't even use the phone - but have to have the line for broadband!
shadow4dog
Grafter

Quote from: jelv

Erm... depends on their return policy 🙂
ultimax
Dabbler

Quote from: pwatson
I'm in a similar position and I'm not even 'officially' a customer yet! 
Signed up on Nov 23rd and have an install date of Jan 2nd.  I've asked if my order can be reclassified as Unlimited (so I get the 50% discount) and been told "No"....

Yeah I'm in the exact same position too. My installation date's only on the 3rd of Jan, but I was told I would have to cancel that order and reapply as a new customer, which means another 3-4 week wait for the technician to come down. They cannot transfer engineer appointments over.
I can see that it's my plain bad luck I signed up before the promotion and it isn't Plusnet's fault. But I really think there should be some flexibility for customers like us.
The_10th
Grafter

@Tall C - I suppose it's also a matter of where you draw the line as to what is unfair - 6 weeks, 8 weeks etc but understand the issue.
If you haven't contacted the Customer Options Team it may prove fruitful and nothing to lose.