Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£50 Cashback offer - not received.

bartekboski
Dabbler

£50 Cashback offer - not received.

Hi there,

Switched to PlusNet and the broadband went live almost a month ago - still haven't received the £50 pre-paid card that was promised at the time of signing up the contract. Can someone advise please?

Regards,

Bartek

13 REPLIES 13
CharlieBV
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Re: £50 Cashback offer - not received.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that, I can advise you to call the customer support in order for them to track your promo code which was assigned into your account. Once the process has been done and if they see that you are entitled of this £50 cashback offer, they will then need to contact the marketing team which can take up to 5 working days in order for them to reply back regarding the £50.

As soon as they reply to the agent confirming that the cashback is £50, it usually takes 14 days to receive the cashback.

I hope this helps.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Bartek.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like your account was created on a cashback offer.

Could you advise how you signed up whether it was directly through our site or via an affiliate?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bartekboski
Dabbler

Hi, 

Thanks for getting back to me. The offer was on when I was signing up - big banners on your website. Prior to committing to the contract, I checked via the life chat - they confirmed it was on and will get the card 10 days after the broadband went live.

I am afraid i did not take screenshots of either the chat window or the PlusNet's website with the banner advertising it, as I simply did not anticipate this will be something that will be questioned at later stage. This is very disappointing and I hope can be resolved? Regards,

bartekboski
Dabbler

Hi there,

Thanks for your message. Its funny because PN are now claiming that I have not signed with the offer....really annoying and almost making me feel like I made this up Smiley

Lets see what comes out of it!

Thanks,

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for the extra information.

I'm afraid in this case there's nothing we can do further as the offer you signed up on does not include cashback as per my colleagues response above

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bartekboski
Dabbler

Hi there, please can you advise how one can file a complaint in regards to this issue? The offer was clearly advertised on your website on 28th September 2018 at around 12.45PM when the order was placed - what I did wrong not to qualify for it? Move to PlusNet was a massive mistake and seeing that you are now trying to fool me around and claiming the offer did not apply makes things even worse. Do you think I made this thing up? Please advise on complaint procedure and perhaps have a look at the screenshot attached...

bartekboski
Dabbler

and to the Weyback Archive if the screenshot is not sufficient: https://web.archive.org/web/20180928053711/https://www.plus.net/

CharlieBV
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you want to file a complaint and I totally understand your disappointment.

But then I would like to point something : 

- Unlimited offer has a time. Which means you might have not signed up when it was up. In order to receive the cashback, there is sign up times which is not random or whenever you feel like signing and receive an instant cashback of £50/£75. 

- I may also mention that your promotion code can also possess an activation fee of £5(discount) or even free! 

bartekboski
Dabbler

Hi there, the offer was live on the website minute before I placed the order on 28th at around 12.45PM, even so prior to put my name on the dotted line I checked with live chat....I cannot understand why I have to fight for this now? @MatthewWheeler @Gandalf can we resolve this ASAP if not can you advise how this can be escalated? Regards,

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@bartekboski

The official complaints procedure is here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

For future reference a link to it is shown at the bottom of every webpage as "Complaints Code of Practice"

Only use the web form as you want all communications in writing. State that in the complaint too.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @bartekboski, having looked over the account I can see the only deals that had cashback included were an affiliate cashback deal that was offered through that particular website. I'm afraid your sing up code is not showing cashback but free activation - due to this we would not be able to take this any further.

bartekboski
Dabbler

Hi, can you explain what do you mean by affiliate cash back deal? I booked through your website and as per the screenshot there was an offer running on the day and time I signed up! This is all extremely confusing. Also, prior to me signing the contract your colegue confirmed via chat that the cash back will apply to that order.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I've looked into this for you again and as my reply contains account specific information I'm not comfortable in posting it here, so I've created ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=184627645 on your account for you. I hope this helps clarify things.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet