cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£50 Cashback help for my sister.

sandy55
Hooked

£50 Cashback help for my sister.

I am having problems trying to get the £50 cashback offered when I took out the fibre deal for my sister in November 2017. It was the reason I pursuaded my sister to go with Plusnet instead of Sky.  I rang Plusnets 3rd party Marketing team today and they haven't received my sisters details/email from Plusnet, despite my speaking to two customer service people in the last fortnight stating they would send the details/email on and that I would hear something within a few days.  My sister is ill and cannot deal with the problem, and has only a mobile phone used for emergency calls etc, hence why I am dealing with it.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title to reflect issue after splut to own thread.

6 REPLIES 6
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: £50 Cashback help for my sister.

Moderator's note:

Topic split to its own thread for better visibility.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there. Welcome to the community forums.

I'm not sure what happened to my previous reply to your post, but here goes again. Smiley

I can see your cashback was claimed on 08-Sep-2017 10:48. If you haven't received it yet I'd recommend contacting the Rewards Team on 0800 587 2013 as they're in the best position to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sandy55
Hooked

Hi, sorry I think you have mistaken me for the other person you were helping. My sisters broadband account wasn't set up till November. When I contacted the Rewards team yesterday they said they hadn't received any details from plusnet yet. Should i PM you my sisters name? Thanks,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I think I might've been looking at your account instead.

If you can PM me her username/phone number/address/any details I could use to locate their account before 5pm today I'll be happy to look into this. If it's after 5pm I'd recommend PMing @RandallFlagg

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sandy55
Hooked

Really upset with Plusnet. The offer for the £50 cashback was very misleading. I can see lots of other customers have had similar problems trying to get cashback in the past. I was given a couple of reasons why the cashback couldn't be claimed after a conversation with customer service, he actually contradicted himself. I think the cashback offer is just deceiving people. I'm trying to find a screenshot of the offer that was available in November 2017. I'm told that the offer doesn't stand because I took the free installation and I was also told by another adviser that the offer was taken in between promotions, which is not true. Any excuse I think so as not to pay out the money offered. Please read the comments customers have made about how difficult it is to claim the cashback. If I'd have known the problems I have had, that the cashback wasn't included, I would have signed my sister up with Sky.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@sandy55 I've responded to your post elsewhere.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team