Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£4-99 Offer to join plusnet

jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

£4-99 Offer to join plusnet

Hi, just received this email from Plusnet [Plusnet@comms.bt.com] offering Broadband for £4-99 a month for 12 months if I sign a contract with Plusnet, strange because I'm already with Plusnet ,have been for two years paying £5-74 with my referral off at the moment.
Just wondering if anyone else has received it,  I am out of contract at the moment ( and don't I know it,been billed wrong for the last 3 months)but even if it is genuine don't know if its worth signing again for £1 odd a month, it reads as below

Hello.
In case you haven't already heard of us, we'd like to introduce ourselves. We're Plusnet, an award-winning broadband provider. And we'd love you to join us.
Fancy getting award-winning broadband for £4.99* for twelve months?
You'll be able to sign up for your first twelve months' broadband for just £4.99, as long as you sign up by the 8th of July using the promotional code "offer". That's a saving of £1.50 a month compared with our normal price of £6.49*
Great service at a great price.
But it's not just about the price, it's about service too. And we're known for providing great service. That's why we:
•  tell you what your broadband speed will be before you sign up
•  include an easy set-up wireless router to get you started
•  let you choose to take your broadband with a BT or Plusnet line
•  give you a no contract option if that's what suits you
•  really look after you once you're a customer - we were recently acknowledged by Ofcom as the most helpful broadband provider^.
And that's just for starters. There are loads more benefits of being a Plusnet customer. But we'll let you discover those for yourself.
Try us. Call 0800 073 3055 or click below to see if you can get award-winning broadband for £4.99 a month. And don't forget to use your promotional code "offer".

7 REPLIES 7
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: £4-99 Offer to join plusnet

Pretty sure that shouldn't have wound up in your inbox but having said that, I'm not sure how the dataset was compiled. Am I right in assuming it got sent to a non-Plusnet email address?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jono
Aspiring Pro

Hello Bob, No, it was sent to one of my plusnet emails , I have 3 in total, the message was duplicated as well, 2 landed in the account at the same time.
regards
jono
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: Bob
Pretty sure that shouldn't have wound up in your inbox but having said that, I'm not sure how the dataset was compiled.

Can you find out, please Bob?
I've had the same email this evening, sent to one of my Plusnet aliases, of which I have many for different organisations. In this case it was an alias only ever used for registration with the online BT Shop.
So, have I been spammed by BT, with the blessing of Plusnet, or have I been spammed by my own ISP, aided by BT? Either way, it's not appreciated.  Shocked Angry Shocked
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
itsme
Grafter

It's from BT
Header for an email from BT offering BT broadband
eceived: from mta1.primary.eu.epidm.net ([208.70.136.35]) by mail.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.me.uk
with SMTP (Code-Crafters Ability Mail Server 2.70);
Mon, 14 Jun 2010 16:17:31 +0100
Return-Path: <btbroadband@comms.bt.com>

Header for an email offering Plusnet Broadband at £4.99
Received: from mta1.primary.eu.epidm.net ([208.70.136.37]) by mail.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.me.uk
with SMTP (Code-Crafters Ability Mail Server 2.70);
Thu, 17 Jun 2010 18:21:55 +0100
Return-Path: <Plusnet@comms.bt.com>

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: 4
I've had the same email this evening, sent to one of my Plusnet aliases, of which I have many for different organisations. In this case it was an alias only ever used for registration with the online BT Shop.

I'm in the process of finding out. Interesting comment about the BT Shop though because if that's the case I'd have expected to have received one of these myself. Perhaps it's on its way?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

itsme
Grafter

In my case I believe it's from BT online account. I have 2 telephone lines on the online account, mine and my parents, only my line has broadband.

It could be from BT Shop but as I'm registered as a BT worker and get staff discounts I believe it's not from that source. BT workers now get free broadband as part of their employment conditions. So why would BT shop send out BB offers to a BTemployee?
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi, That makes sense, I bought a couple of things from the BT shop, can't remember which email address I gave but it most probably was the one they sent the email to.
regards
jono