Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£30 fee to leave?

FIXED
balancedfire
Grafter
Fixes: 1

£30 fee to leave?

I am considering leaving Plusnet to get a better deal. I haven't been in a contract for ages now and the price keeps slowly creeping up. It's now close to £40 a month for fibre + landline.

I'm curious as to why in my account page, it says there is a £30 cessation fee?! I would expect a fee if I was in contract but not when I'm out of it. See attached screenshot. (btw, The router was delivered a long time ago... perhaps this page needs updating?)

I would be open to staying with Plusnet if a better deal is on the table but using the website, it doesn't seem like I am eligible. I also think that a cessation fee at this point is unacceptable. I've been with you for a long time now and have been paying over the odds. Anyway, I'm currently waiting on hold to speak to someone....

4 REPLIES 4
rippedoffme
Grafter

Re: £30 fee to leave?

Think I remember post on here saying cessation fee now dropped

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Fix

@balancedfire

Cessation Fee has now been removed https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Cessation-charge-quot-active-quot/m-p/1580255#M327511

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

If you ring the customer options team they will offer you a better deal if you sign up for a new contract. If you want the best deal then look up the best competitors price for an equivalent service and when you ring select the I'm thinking of leaving option. Once you get throgh ask for the competitors price to be matched. Don't bother to quote the Plusnet new customer price and don't accept the first offer if it's not good enough. You might be pleased with the offer you receive.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

balancedfire
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Yeah this worked. The first offer was like £2 off, then I was offered about £10/month discount on an 18 month contract.

Also they confirmed the £30 doesn't apply.