Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 months after asking to close my account I'm still getting billed

FIXED
amtrakuk
Hooked

3 months after asking to close my account I'm still getting billed

I requested closure of my account in March - It is now June.  I called an operator who closed my account there and then whilst on the phone.  IIRC I was told I can cancel my direct debit after 31st March - Lucky I didn't as I know Plusnet love to put a big red failed payment entry on your credit score for non payment   It is now the end of May and surprise surprise Plusnet are CLAIMING £4.91 from my bank account. My Plusnet account (which shouldn't be active as the account should be closed) says I'm already £4.91 in credit from last month!  So will that make £9.82 in credit for an account that should have been closed?  Am I to phone up and be told yet again - the account is flagged to be closed - which should have been done months ago AND I was told was being done by the phone operator?  Should I believe them?  Anyone know the number of ofcom?

14 REPLIES 14
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: 3 months after asking to close my account I'm still getting billed

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see this. I've had a look and from what I can see your account is already closed and we've issued a refund of the outstanding credit to your bank account, which you should get within 10 working days.

Just to run through how we cancel mobile accounts as it looks like there's some confusion. Sad When we manually terminate one, it can take 30 days for the closure to go through as we'd ask for that as a notice period, and then the final bill generates within a further 30 days before a refund's automatically issued if there's an outstanding credit. 

If you can PM me your contact number, I'll be happy to give you a call tomorrow to go through in more detail. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
amtrakuk
Hooked

Hmmm not sure why it is a debit from my bank account account.  If It was a refund I would have expected it to be a credit into my bank account.  Just checked expected a future transaction "PLUSNET PLC PAY AC" of -4.31.  Please check as I'm ready highly disappointed with this whole closing account fiasco

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Heya, I can appreciate the frustration by the delay. It's just likely the refund hasn't landed yet.

Having said that, could you private message me your mobile number you had with us along with full name so I can make sure I'm actually checking the right account? I'm pretty sure though I am but I want to be certain. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
amtrakuk
Hooked

I would be suprised if the refund is going to "land" at all!

Why has another direct debit has gone out of my bank acount today?

Am I to assume it will now be 90 days before this is sorted?

Why havent I had a "Were sorry to see you go" email which I was told is automatically sent out by the system?

If my account is closed, why can I still log on?

Can you reply with the route to raise an official complaint.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there,

I was actually just going to drop you a message to follow up. Good timing! Smiley

I'm taking ownership of your official complaint and I'd love to help, but I would need to confirm your account details first and if you can also PM me your contact number, I'll be happy to give you a call. 

@amtrakuk wrote:

Why has another direct debit has gone out of my bank acount today?

Am I to assume it will now be 90 days before this is sorted?

I don't want to answer until I am sure I am looking at the right account.

@amtrakuk wrote:

Why havent I had a "Were sorry to see you go" email which I was told is automatically sent out by the system?

When we manually terminate a mobile account, our system doesn't send an email or text. 

@amtrakuk wrote:

If my account is closed, why can I still log on?

You'll be able to log into a closed account for a certain length of time, in line with GDPR. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
amtrakuk
Hooked

Can you please tell me what information is required and I will PM them. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hello,

I'd just need your mobile number you had with us and your contact number. I'll then call you back today. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
amtrakuk
Hooked

Find attached a redacted screen shot as requested

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hiya, thanks for your time on the phone.

Could you private message me an unredacted version as discussed?

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
amtrakuk
Hooked

Done

amtrakuk
Hooked

Just a heads up, wasnt expecting anything but got the following email yesterday

We're just dropping you a line to let you know that your bill is now available to view. Simply head over to My Account and use your account number and password to log in to check on all your calls, texts and data used this month.

As your account is in credit by £0.00, we won't be taking a payment this month, and this credit will be applied to your bill.

If you have any questions about your bill our handy booklet may help.

Plusnet Mobile app is here! Our new mobile app for Android and Apple lets you check your bills and allowances, set your Smart Cap and more - whenever and wherever you want. Download the app today. Check out our FAQs for more info.

Don't forget you can use My Account to check your current and previous bills, monitor your usage and update your details too.

Thanks, The Plusnet Mobile Team

Am I OK to ignore as I believe the account is closed.  As instructed I have cancelled the Direct Debit a few weeks ago.

I am hoping this is just an overlap in the billing cycle, can you check?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for the heads up.

Yep. You can ignore that as it's normal for our systems to generate a zero balance as the very last bill after the "final bill". 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
amtrakuk
Hooked

Thanks for keeping an eye on this.  Will ignore

a

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, let me know if there's ever anything else you'd need help with 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet